Can't see BIOS or Safe Mode

Braemir

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello,
I recently got hit by a virus on my new pc. PC's that I have owned in the past I would boot into safe mode and fix. However, when I restart to hit f8, I do not see the BIOS. I know the computer brings it up b/c it doesn't boot into Windows 7. So I booted into Windows 7 normal, went to msconfig and told it to boot safely. I got no display at all now after rebooting. I can't get back into Windows 7 nor see the BIOS, or Safe Mode.

I have tried more than one monitor. I do have dual graphics cards, so I do not know if that is causing the conflict or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Braemir

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
This won't be perfect as I am having to use an older computer and backtrack to my dell information. Its an Alienware.

OS Windows 7 Premium Home (I think)
dual 2.8 intel processors
8 GB of Ram
2 500 Gig hard drives
2 Nvidia 1 GB 545 series Video Cards

I have it connected to my Sony TV, but I have tried using a couple of monitors that I know work (including the one connected to this PC).

The virus is a Money Pak virus, that basically blocks you out of your computer while connected to the internet (disconnect and reboot stops it from acting).

GPU? I'm not an Ace at computers but not a slouch. What does that mean? The Graphics Processing Unit I assume? I have thought about disconnecting one of the graphics cards but haven't tried that.

Thanks

Doesn't look as thought the virus can affect your BIOS so must be something wrong with your Graphics. (GPU = Graphics processing unit) Try on one alternately till you find the BIOS.
Do you have the Alienware X51? Ah, Area-51 has dual Graphics...

OK. If you have any software probs you can restore system to factory-

How to perform system recovery in Dell Alienware Area 51

If you have Dell Alienware Area -51 and you want to perform system recovery then for this you have to follow proper procedure. In order to do so, you have to disconnect all peripherals from your computer then you have to backup all data you want to save. Now, you have to reboot your computer and press ‘Ctrl+F11’. When blue bar of Dell appears on screen you have to select “Restore” which will start the process and on completion of process you will get hard disk in its original form.