Cannot join multiplayer game after XP SP2 install

OK, I'm running XP Pro and recently installed SP2. Now, Mechwarrior 4:
Vengeance won't connect to multiplayer games. I have all the DirectX ports
opened on my LInksys BEFSR41 NAT/Router as described in the MS help located
at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=240429. Also, the Windows
firewall is turned completely OFF. There must be something else required. But
what?

tocguy wrote:

> OK, I'm running XP Pro and recently installed SP2. Now, Mechwarrior 4:
> Vengeance won't connect to multiplayer games. I have all the DirectX ports
> opened on my LInksys BEFSR41 NAT/Router as described in the MS help located
> at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=240429. Also, the Windows
> firewall is turned completely OFF. There must be something else required. But
> what?

Here are some other links that might have an answer:

Known issues with XP SP2 and various products out there.

There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

--

+Elmo_Tech