FS 2004 Default Runways

Group: I am very familiar with Honolulu International Airport. Only on rare
occasions is an aircraft directed by ATC to takeoff or land on Runway 22.
With the normal "Trade Winds" blowing, landings are made on runways 8 or 4.
However, ATC in FS 2004 always directs landings and departures to runway 22.
I have put in strong winds from 220 degrees, which would make runway 4 the
obvious choice, but ATC (darn it) still directs me to runway 22.
Does any one know how to get ATC to send me to a runway other than runway 22?
I would be very grateful for some direction on this topic.

Thanks, Stewart S. Leber

Hi!

Try using the "real world" weather option - if the wind is blowing for
runway 4 or 8 you should be directed to runway 4 or 8. If you want to force
runway 4 set the wind for 40 degrees, and for runway 8 for 80 degrees.
Setting the wind to 220 degrees will basically guarantee a landing on runway
22 since runway 22 "faces" 220 degrees!

"StewartSky@aol.com" wrote:

> Group: I am very familiar with Honolulu International Airport. Only on rare
> occasions is an aircraft directed by ATC to takeoff or land on Runway 22.
> With the normal "Trade Winds" blowing, landings are made on runways 8 or 4.
> However, ATC in FS 2004 always directs landings and departures to runway 22.
> I have put in strong winds from 220 degrees, which would make runway 4 the
> obvious choice, but ATC (darn it) still directs me to runway 22.
> Does any one know how to get ATC to send me to a runway other than runway 22?
> I would be very grateful for some direction on this topic.
>
> Thanks, Stewart S. Leber

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rld2FydFNreUBhb2wuY29t?=
<StewartSky@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Group: I am very familiar with Honolulu International Airport. Only
> on rare occasions is an aircraft directed by ATC to takeoff or land on
> Runway 22. With the normal "Trade Winds" blowing, landings are made
> on runways 8 or 4. However, ATC in FS 2004 always directs landings
> and departures to runway 22.
> I have put in strong winds from 220 degrees, which would make runway
> 4 the
> obvious choice, but ATC (darn it) still directs me to runway 22.
> Does any one know how to get ATC to send me to a runway other than
> runway 22? I would be very grateful for some direction on this topic.

I just use AFCAD to close 4L,R/22L,R for both takeoff and landing. 8L
closed for takeoff, 8R closed for landing, 26R closed for landing.

FWIW I have ridden on Molokai Shuttle landing 22L. Also, for some reason,
last couple times midnight on 767 landing 4R.

There is discussion on PAI AFCAD board on finer points of how ATC selects
runways, including how to make non-parallel runways work.

scott s.
..