MSI 52x24x52 does everything but burn

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
I have a MSI 52x24x52. The problem with it is nero does not recognise its existance, yet it is avaible under my computer and this drive can play audio cd's - windows also knows when there is an audio cd in this drive or not (the icon changes).

SiSoftware Sandra sees this drive as ATAPI CD-RW 52XMax.

I dont think its a prob with nero, as all cdr software i try using does not burn. For example, some burning software called CD Mate actually sees my cdrw (but as sisoftware sandra does, sees it as an ATAPI), but when it comes to burning it fails and crashes the program.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your CDRW is not supported by Nero according to <b><A HREF="http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorderM.html#MSI" target="_new"><font color=red>its website</A></b></font color=red>, and your drive is <b>ATAPI</b> device. What do you think it is?
What burning software does it come with?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
Thanks. I tried some differnt software (easy cd creater 6), which supports my drive. However it does burn some times (usually has a problem around 95/99%) and when it burns things like wav files, it does not seem to burn them right as they sound awfull.

I know some one with similar problems with this drive, which we both got from a computer fair stall. Im guessing they are b grade stock.

Anyway i would rather have a reible drive than one that works when and if it wants to so im just going to get a new one.