Panda

I need a bottom line answer. I run Simulator now w/o update and like not
having to use 4thCD I have read alot about problems with the update and want
to know if I should bother? Is it really worth it? Autogen and frame rates
and scenary are what MS is promoting but have read there not that noticable
if at all? There is no CD patch available with update to my knowledge??

ME

panda,

here's what i did before i updated and all works fine. i have bridges
frame rate is fine and still have the usual weird scenery. you can look at
that here:
http://glathrem.home.att.net/fs9/

a couple things you need to do before you run update.

copy/paste your no-cd fs9.application 504kb from C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 ,and put it a temporary folder
somewhere.

copy/paste your original fs9.application 1.32mb and put that back in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 . (if you didn't save
it you can find it on disk#1--download the update and save it,do not let the
update self extract. then you can read the 'readme file' before updating, it
has that information in it)

start up fs9 with disk#4 , then exit.

before you install the update you will need FSUIPC version 3.40 or 3.44 now
available from : http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

important to read the 'readme file' in the update.

after i updated i put my no-cd fs9 back into main folder.

some people say that this takes away all the advantages of the update.

my frame rates haven't soared from 30fps to 50fps.

there is still a red/white checkerboard colored building in the middle of
the runway at KTEX and KLWB.

all i know is, i have bridges that aren't all piled up in one area, and
missing bridges are now where they should be.
and some still have road signs smack dab in the middle.

so having bridges and having no-cd is fine with me :)

goodluck !

"PANDA" <PANDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need a bottom line answer. I run Simulator now w/o update and like not
> having to use 4thCD I have read alot about problems with the update and
want
> to know if I should bother? Is it really worth it? Autogen and frame rates
> and scenary are what MS is promoting but have read there not that
noticable
> if at all? There is no CD patch available with update to my knowledge??

and there IS a specific noCD patch for the update

"Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> and there IS a specific noCD patch for the update

no, there is NO patch at all.
There's a crack for your pirated versions which can be obtained by sending
email to piracy@microsoft.com and asking nicely.
Include details on where you got your version.

Thanx for the link, Jerkoen - I had forgotten where I got it.

You are always so helpful - whatta guy(girl?).

"Jeroen Wenting" <beefjerky@hornet.beefjerky.demon.nl> wrote in message

> "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > and there IS a specific noCD patch for the update
> >
> no, there is NO patch at all.
> There's a crack for your pirated versions which can be obtained by sending
> email to piracy@microsoft.com and asking nicely.
> Include details on where you got your version.

ME

hey vic,

long time, merry christmas !

i found this supposedly 'new no-cd crack' according to the readme file.

as soon as you click link, it will download.

http://www.simugold.fsnet.co.uk/files/nocd2k4patched.zip

i found it by doing a search in yahoo for ' fs91upd.exe no-cd ' and came
up with this forum:

http://forums.simradar.com/forum/_C5/Basic_Questions_%28For_Beginners%29_F10-4

11 threads down.

have a safe holiday :)

> Thanx for the link, Jerkoen - I had forgotten where I got it.
>
> You are always so helpful - whatta guy(girl?).
>
> "Jeroen Wenting" <beefjerky@hornet.beefjerky.demon.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > and there IS a specific noCD patch for the update
> > >
> > no, there is NO patch at all.
> > There's a crack for your pirated versions which can be obtained by
sending
> > email to piracy@microsoft.com and asking nicely.
> > Include details on where you got your version.

Hey me!

Very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and happy New Year to you!

Thanx for the links -

Vic