steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

EA Games has referred me to Microsoft with my Sims 2 problem.

Running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
System Memory 512.5
Processor Speed 1407.0
DirectX 9.0c
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT 128MB Display Driver 6.14.10.6693
Realtek AC97 Audio Sound Driver 5.10.5770

While loading, I get a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. They have directed me
to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/ 832336 to resolve this issue, and I want
to know how I can get the hotfix referred to in the note.

Thanks!

Steve, this is a public newsgroup that has no connection with Microsoft
Corporation.

The knowledge base article to which you were referred states that you
must contact Microsoft Corporation directly by phone to obtain the
hotfix, giving you a link to the list of contact numbers. You apparently
can not just download it by yourself.

See, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832336

The article also states the hotfix applies to Windows Server 2003-based
computers, and does not indicate that it applies to any version of
Windows XP. It would almost certainly say so if it did apply to the
version you are using.

I'd suggest you start over and search the knowledge base for your
particular error message solely as it relates to Win XP. The Win Server
2003 error message described in the referenced article contains an
additional element beyond the ones you describe, the number 50 in
parentheses. That may or may not be different from the message you are
getting. Search for your exact message, and just with respect to Win XP.
You can also try searching Google with your error message in quotes,
followed by XP.

Steve wrote:
> EA Games has referred me to Microsoft with my Sims 2 problem.
>
> Running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
> System Memory 512.5
> Processor Speed 1407.0
> DirectX 9.0c
> NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT 128MB Display Driver 6.14.10.6693
> Realtek AC97 Audio Sound Driver 5.10.5770
>
> While loading, I get a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. They have directed me
> to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/ 832336 to resolve this issue, and I want
> to know how I can get the hotfix referred to in the note.
>
> Thanks!

How much BETTER are the Sims 2 graphics, in relation to its original?