REPOST: Flight Sim 2004 and Logitech Wingman ForceFeedbak

Hello all,

I have a brand new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, I am getting sporadic
ghost JS button presses (like brakes going on/off, views changing, etc.). I
have tried out the joystick with other games and it works fine. Just not
with MS FS 2004 (with latest 9.1 patch).

I have updated all O/S and Device drivers including the joystick driver. I
have run the calibration clear utility from Logitech and recalibrated. I
have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the J/S and Flight Sim as per the
advice of Logitech Tech Support. Still no go... I have tried running FS
directly via the desktop icon and via the Logitech launcher program.

I do have the Logitech Joystick set as the preferred device. However I do
have a USB to RS232 Interface showing up under Game Controllers. Is it
possible MS Flight Sim is getting confused between the two even though I
have selected the Logitech Joystick as the 'JS' device? It would appear to
me that I should not have to go through all this trouble after spending a
couple hundred dollars on a game and a new joystick... I have other games
that work just fine with the joystick (no sporadic button presses...)

The button presses that are occuring are happening every second so it makes
this game unusable and a big waste of my money. Of course the store I
purchased the game from has a no refund policy on opened video games as do
most stores nowadays...

Microsoft or anyone else have any feedback on this issue?

Ben

ME

hello ben,

i don't know if you've seen this yet, but i found this at microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315926

it appears at first glance that it may be a solution for your joystick
problems.

goodluck !

"Ben Kim" <bkim6NOSPAM@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a brand new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, I am getting
sporadic
> ghost JS button presses (like brakes going on/off, views changing, etc.).
> have tried out the joystick with other games and it works fine. Just not
> with MS FS 2004 (with latest 9.1 patch).
>
> I have updated all O/S and Device drivers including the joystick driver.
> have run the calibration clear utility from Logitech and recalibrated. I
> have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the J/S and Flight Sim as per
the
> advice of Logitech Tech Support. Still no go... I have tried running FS
> directly via the desktop icon and via the Logitech launcher program.
>
> I do have the Logitech Joystick set as the preferred device. However I do
> have a USB to RS232 Interface showing up under Game Controllers. Is it
> possible MS Flight Sim is getting confused between the two even though I
> have selected the Logitech Joystick as the 'JS' device? It would appear
> me that I should not have to go through all this trouble after spending a
> couple hundred dollars on a game and a new joystick... I have other games
> that work just fine with the joystick (no sporadic button presses...)
>
> The button presses that are occuring are happening every second so it
makes
> this game unusable and a big waste of my money. Of course the store I
> purchased the game from has a no refund policy on opened video games as do
> most stores nowadays...
>
> Microsoft or anyone else have any feedback on this issue?
>
> Ben

Figure it out. For some reason I had a USB to RS232 driver under my Game
Controllers list. As soon as I removed the device and rebooted - everything
has been smooth sailing (or flying)... The device has not reappeared and I
do not have such a piece of hardware. Good ol' Windows!

Ben

"Ben Kim" <bkim6NOSPAM@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a brand new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, I am getting
> sporadic ghost JS button presses (like brakes going on/off, views
> changing, etc.). I have tried out the joystick with other games and it
> works fine. Just not with MS FS 2004 (with latest 9.1 patch).
>
> I have updated all O/S and Device drivers including the joystick driver.
> I have run the calibration clear utility from Logitech and recalibrated.
> I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the J/S and Flight Sim as per
> the advice of Logitech Tech Support. Still no go... I have tried running
> FS directly via the desktop icon and via the Logitech launcher program.
>
> I do have the Logitech Joystick set as the preferred device. However I do
> have a USB to RS232 Interface showing up under Game Controllers. Is it
> possible MS Flight Sim is getting confused between the two even though I
> have selected the Logitech Joystick as the 'JS' device? It would appear
> to me that I should not have to go through all this trouble after spending
> a couple hundred dollars on a game and a new joystick... I have other
> games that work just fine with the joystick (no sporadic button
> presses...)
>
> The button presses that are occuring are happening every second so it
> makes this game unusable and a big waste of my money. Of course the store
> I purchased the game from has a no refund policy on opened video games as
> do most stores nowadays...
>
> Microsoft or anyone else have any feedback on this issue?
>
> Ben

ME

good job ben !