Sign in with
Your question

How to crate 100mb system reserved partition during installation of windows7

Last response: in Windows 7
July 14, 2012 1:47:48 PM

previously i have windows xp on my lappy. then i removed it and installed windows 7. but it wasnt restart. then with the help of windows recovery somehow i restared. but some of the drivers are not installing, and showing that system doesnot meet minimum requirments. then i tryed to find the problem. i observed that system reserved partition was not created. so i reinstalled windows again same problem exists.
please help me to fix it
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2012 2:04:58 PM

Windows 7 will automatically create that partition when you format a blank partition. Did you format the drive when installing or install over the old XP partition?

Next time you boot from the Win 7 install disk, delete all partitions on the drive entirely (make sure any info is backed up if not done already, it will be lost!) and create a new partition. These tools are available when you click "drive options (advanced)" in the bottom right of the drive setup window.
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2012 2:56:32 PM

There is no reason for that partition to exist. The problem is (drum roll please) your system does not meet the minimum requirements
a b $ Windows 7
July 14, 2012 3:01:18 PM

Well that's right the system partition has no bearing on driver installation. Check that you have the correct drivers for the hardware you have and the version of windows you're running (Windows 7). That error often indicates that the driver you're trying to install doesn't match your hardware or OS.
!