Challenge - Recording a voice chat

Last response: in Home Audio
June 22, 2005 5:48:25 AM

Hello,

I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
lot of noise and echo.

Is there any other way to record speaker output.

With Regards,
Kishor
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:02:05 AM

"kishor" <kishorhanchate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
> For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
> lot of noise and echo.
>
> Is there any other way to record speaker output.
>
> With Regards,
> Kishor

yes. here is one possible way:

place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker

hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.

hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.

hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.
June 22, 2005 12:53:54 PM

"TimPerry" <timperry@noaspamadelphia.net> wrote in message

> "kishor" <kishorhanchate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
> > For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
> > lot of noise and echo.
> >
> > Is there any other way to record speaker output.
> >
> > With Regards,
> > Kishor
> >

> yes. here is one possible way:
>
> place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker
>
> hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.
>
> hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.
>
> hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.

Hahahahahahahahaha! This reply is absolutely the funniest I've ever read
on usenet. Thanks, Tim!
--
Mark Hicks
Trent Studios

In article <1119430105.293239.93790@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> kishorhanchate@gmail.com writes:

> I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
> For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
> lot of noise and echo.

You might try Total Recorder. It can record the output of a sound card
directly. There's a trial version that inserts a blast of noise in the
recording every 60 seconds, but that's good enough to see if it will
take an input from your chat software. It's only $12 and you might
find it handy for other things, too.

http://www.totalrecorder.com

June 22, 2005 7:16:30 PM

"kishor" <kishorhanchate@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
> For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
> lot of noise and echo.
>
> Is there any other way to record speaker output.
>
> With Regards,
> Kishor

> yes. here is one possible way:
>
> place neumann U87 microphone near $3 PC speaker
>
> hook microphone to Aphex tubessance mic preamp.
>
> hook mic preamp to a vintage orban paragraphic equilizer.
>
> hook equilizer to tascam cassette recorder.

Or two U87s to do it in stereo. I do that all the time, is there another
way?

Hee hee, nice one Kishor.

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:52:30 PM

Mike Rivers wrote:
> In article <1119430105.293239.93790@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> kishorhanchate@gmail.com writes:
>

>>I am trying to record voice chat on Windows XP.
>>For recording speaker output, when i start sound mixture then there is
>>lot of noise and echo.
>

> You might try Total Recorder. It can record the output of a sound card
> directly. There's a trial version that inserts a blast of noise in the
> recording every 60 seconds, but that's good enough to see if it will
> take an input from your chat software. It's only $12 and you might
> find it handy for other things, too.
>
> http://www.totalrecorder.com

I concur. Total Recorder is a great tool. I use it all the time to put stereo mixes into the
computer to send to people (after compressing with Winzip).

And if you get a DDL for mp3's, you can record in that format as well, choosing the compression and
sample rate you want to use.

--fletch
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:53:24 PM

Ooops! That should be DLL!

--fletch (I only make misteaks once... well, maybe twice)

!