MP3 Recording

Last response: in Home Audio
June 22, 2005 12:43:35 PM

Hi:

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound and convert
it to an MP3 file on a PC?

Thanks

More about : mp3 recording

June 22, 2005 3:09:11 PM

On 6/22/2005 10:43 AM, jimzorn@vision-design.biz wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound and convert
> it to an MP3 file on a PC?
>
> Thanks

Cdex
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:09:06 PM

<jimzorn@vision-design.biz> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound and convert
> it to an MP3 file on a PC?
>
> Thanks

I'm happy with PolderbitS Sound Recorder and Editor. Lots of facilities
which I rarely use, and after using it for about 6 months I have no regrets.
It includes a licensed mp3 generator. Current cost will be on their
website.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

<jimzorn@vision-design.biz> wrote:
> Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound
> and convert it to an MP3 file on a PC?

Have you ever used google groups to read the answers?

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=convert+mp3+file...

Jens
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:22:07 PM

jimzorn@vision-design.biz wrote:
> Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound and convert
> it to an MP3 file on a PC?

http://audacity.sf.net

(doesn't get more inexpensive than free, does what you ask and more)

--
Anahata
anahata@treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk

jimzorn@vision-design.biz wrote in

> Hi:
>
> Can anyone suggest an inexpensive program to record sound and
> convert it to an MP3 file on a PC?

Audacity (FREEWARE) is EXCELLENT without being weighed down by
(unnecessary for most) features. It supports the free Lame MP3
plugin. I just started using it and it's full featured,
refreshingly compact, extremely clean UI, FAST, and intuitive.

I was (very) skeptical of using a FREE program, but this one really
stands out.

If you MUST pay, I'd get Wavelab Essential. It too is a great
program, but it's $200 and has more (spiffy) features, including
the ability to burn CDs directly, VST and DX plugs, and a lot more.

DISCLAIMER: I am a TOTAL newbie. Any information I proffer is
likely bad advice and will lead you down the path to personal and
financial ruin. The little I know has turned me into a dangerous
weapon of mass destruction.

Brendan
!