Status
Not open for further replies.

miimario221

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Check this: (Source from another page)
Step 1 - Download the latest Drivers from the nVidia website
Step 2 - Download WinRAR
Step 3 - Open the Driver file with WinRAR and extract the nView.CAB file (onto your desktop for now)
Step 4 - Open the nView.cab file with WinRAR and extract all the files into a folder on your desktop
Setp 5 - Run the nviewsetup.exe file as normal.
Extra Info.
Setp 6 - Go to Control Panel, NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager will be there now. Double click it
Setp 7 - Enable nView Desktop Manager. There you go now!

Good Luck!

Jimbocous1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013
NVidia removed NView Desktop Manager from distribution and support on Vista and above, citing lack of demand for it on other than Quadro boards more commonly used by corporate customers. Thus, NView will not be found included with drivers for other than Quadro boards.

The latest versions of NView can be separately downloaded from the NVidia web site, but will fail installation when a system check reveals that a Quadro board is not installed.

Running the NView installer with a -f option will, however, bypass the hardware check and install NView. I tested this with the 140.54 x64 version of NView on Windows 7 Pro x64 with a GTX750ti installed, by creating a shortcut to the whql installer with the -f option added after the quotes. The newer 141.24 version also available for download installed properly, but would _not_ run.

Sep 23, 2018

Could you please explane me how to create a shortcut with -f option? Thanks

Jimbocous1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2013

From desktop, right click>new>shortcut>browse to location of whql installer nviewsetup.exe and select it. Save. When you go back and look at properties, in the Target field you should see the full path to the exe, enclosed in quotes. At the end, after the quote, type in a space and the -f. Save it. View to be sure it's there, then run it.
FWIW, I'm now running Win10 on everything, and with the improvements in monitor handling in Win 10 I no longer need to bother with Desktop Manager.,

Status
Not open for further replies.