Disappointing/Frustrating

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

G'Day All,

I installed FS2004 on my home computer and it freezes up when I try to fly
the DC3.
It also keeps asking for disk #4 to be in the "D" drive.
So I tried installing it on a different P4 2.8Mghz and am having the same
problem.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks

Put the disk 4 in the "D" drive. Other than that, not enough info.

"ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> G'Day All,
>
> I installed FS2004 on my home computer and it freezes up when I try to fly
> the DC3.
> It also keeps asking for disk #4 to be in the "D" drive.
> So I tried installing it on a different P4 2.8Mghz and am having the same
> problem.
>
> Any suggestions for me?
>
> Thanks

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

Thanks.
The computer freezes up with any aircraft and then displays:
"Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality"
[OK]

Reboots and computer works fine but FS2004 will crash again.

On the CDRom being in the drive, I was hoping to install and file it away
like all my other software.

Thanks for your feedback

"Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Put the disk 4 in the "D" drive. Other than that, not enough info.
>

> "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> > G'Day All,
> >
> > I installed FS2004 on my home computer and it freezes up when I try to
fly
> > the DC3.
> > It also keeps asking for disk #4 to be in the "D" drive.
> > So I tried installing it on a different P4 2.8Mghz and am having the
same
> > problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions for me?
> >
> > Thanks

Re the CD - do a search for the NoCD patch - you'll be able to run w/o
having it in the drive.

Update ALL your video and Mobo drivers. BTW, what mobo, cpu, videocard, ram,
etc. All make a difference

> Thanks.
> The computer freezes up with any aircraft and then displays:
> "Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
> Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality"
> [OK]
>
> Reboots and computer works fine but FS2004 will crash again.
>
> On the CDRom being in the drive, I was hoping to install and file it away
> like all my other software.
>
> Thanks for your feedback
>

> "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Put the disk 4 in the "D" drive. Other than that, not enough info.
> >

> > "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> > > G'Day All,
> > >
> > > I installed FS2004 on my home computer and it freezes up when I try to
> fly
> > > the DC3.
> > > It also keeps asking for disk #4 to be in the "D" drive.
> > > So I tried installing it on a different P4 2.8Mghz and am having the
> same
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for me?
> > >
> > > Thanks

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

Thanks.
Intel P4 2.8 Ghz
1 GIG RAM
Dual Video Cards - I have two monitors
1 is a Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
1 is a ATI Radeon 9200

any recommendations?

Thanks again

> Re the CD - do a search for the NoCD patch - you'll be able to run w/o
> having it in the drive.
>
> Update ALL your video and Mobo drivers. BTW, what mobo, cpu, videocard,
ram,
> etc. All make a difference

> "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> > The computer freezes up with any aircraft and then displays:
> > "Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
> > Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality"
> > [OK]
> >
> > Reboots and computer works fine but FS2004 will crash again.
> >
> > On the CDRom being in the drive, I was hoping to install and file it
away
> > like all my other software.
> >
> > Thanks for your feedback
> >

> > "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Put the disk 4 in the "D" drive. Other than that, not enough info.
> > >

> > > "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message

> > fly
> > same

Basically a decent system but the Intel graphics won't really handle fs2004.
Also, IIRC, the onboard video steals processor time. Have you tried
disabling the OB intel video and testing FS just using the ATI?

I would definitely get to the Intel site and update your bios and any other
mobo drivers you find there.

HTH,

> Thanks.
> Intel P4 2.8 Ghz
> 1 GIG RAM
> Dual Video Cards - I have two monitors
> 1 is a Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
> 1 is a ATI Radeon 9200
>
> any recommendations?
>
> Thanks again
>

> "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Re the CD - do a search for the NoCD patch - you'll be able to run w/o
> > having it in the drive.
> >
> > Update ALL your video and Mobo drivers. BTW, what mobo, cpu, videocard,
> ram,
> > etc. All make a difference

> > "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks.
> > > The computer freezes up with any aircraft and then displays:
> > > "Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
> > > Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality"
> > > [OK]
> > >
> > > Reboots and computer works fine but FS2004 will crash again.
> > >
> > > On the CDRom being in the drive, I was hoping to install and file it
> away
> > > like all my other software.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your feedback
> > >

> > > "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > fly
> > > same

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

Vic,
Thanks very much for your assistance. I will give it all a try.
'preciate it.

Best wishes and take Care.

> Basically a decent system but the Intel graphics won't really handle
fs2004.
> Also, IIRC, the onboard video steals processor time. Have you tried
> disabling the OB intel video and testing FS just using the ATI?
>
> I would definitely get to the Intel site and update your bios and any
other
> mobo drivers you find there.
>
> HTH,

> "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> > Intel P4 2.8 Ghz
> > 1 GIG RAM
> > Dual Video Cards - I have two monitors
> > 1 is a Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
> > 1 is a ATI Radeon 9200
> >
> > any recommendations?
> >
> > Thanks again
> >

> > "Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Re the CD - do a search for the NoCD patch - you'll be able to run w/o
> > > having it in the drive.
> > >
> > > Update ALL your video and Mobo drivers. BTW, what mobo, cpu,
videocard,
> > ram,
> > > etc. All make a difference

> > > "ferg" <ferg@ferg.com> wrote in message

> > away

> try
> the

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

Vic,
I ran the updates and FS2004 runs fine now.
The DC3 is sweet.

Thanks again.

> Vic,
> I ran the updates and FS2004 runs fine now.
> The DC3 is sweet.
>
> Thanks again.

Glad to help - Enjoy!

Vic

How good does your ATi Radeon 9200 work? I'm interested it. Is it a 9200SE?
And does it have 128MB or 64MB. Sorry for the lot of questions. :)

Thanx,
jkb