[Solved] Stuck On Logo Screen After Install

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well it had been awhile since I reloaded windows and found out about win8 so I decided to try the new windows 8 release preview. After it installing it, It would go past the windows loading screen and leave a blank screen. Disappointed I went to load windows 7. Installed fine, but after the first restart it will not go past the windows logo screen.

When I say I'm reloading windows I am not formating my harddrive. I'm running a single harddrive setup and have 500gig of entertainment and miscellaneous I have not way to backup. I do the write over partition thing where it throws everything in a windows.old folder. I'm considering getting a solid state just to load windows to. Formatting the current drive is not an option.

I can boot to safe mode, but being this is a new install there is nothing I did to undo. Kind of clueless as of what to do now.

sounds like the anti virus or video drivers were too old and did not like windows 8. try this use save mode log into windows...remove your video drivers and any anti virus program..then use msconfig and under the start up tab turn every thing off (uncheckmark). reboot and see if windows will load without an issue. if it does try usign one of the newer free anti virus that are written for windows 8.

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well I ended up Installing windows again and few more times and it finally worked. Total of 7 attempts before it installed right. Maybe Einstein was wrong about insanity.