kahtovie

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2003
'ello there. I recently had the wonderful experience of building a computer with a fried psu...quality isn't what it used to be. I would like to get this computer up + running just to make sure everything is fine, but I don't have a spare psu to use, except one in a Sony Vaio. This sony vaio uses a p4 (northwind?), and it's a 300w unit. I have the model no. off of the power supply. It's manufactured by SMB, but I think it may be a custom-order psu by sony. Now, the computer I built uses an athlon board/processor. I was wondering--is it possible to use the psu from the sony? Are there any fundamental differences between athlon and p4 psus (I didn't think so...)? Well, thanks for any help!

Cheers,
KT

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The last Sony board I looked at was the Asus P2B-1394. This was a standard ATX board using standard power. I doubt Sony has gone proprietary.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>