Cooledit - Loop record with punch in?

Last response: in Home Audio
June 24, 2005 6:41:46 AM

Hello,

I've been exploring the punch in feature of Cool Edit Pro. Is there a way
to keep recording (in a loop) such that each time the loop starts it
starts a new take?

It's really annoying to lay down the guitar and press record each time.. I
used to do this with Cakewalk but no longer have access to this program.

Thanks,
Mark
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 6:41:47 AM

I'm not aware of such a feature (then again I haven't used CE Pro a
lot). If you don't manage, get a tracker program such as modplug and
have it loop the fragment for you by importing a wav of the track part
to play along with as a sample.

You should then be able to play along with the tracker which is looping
playback, while CoolEdit is doing linear recording.
!