Installation Problem Please help

I had FS 2004 running on my pc. I then added scenery from a 3rd party that
crashed my system. I did a complete format and recovery from my recovery
disks (HP) and tried to re-install the game. All I get now is the splash
screen and then the main menu I am to get is in the lower right hand corner
and is not functional. I know it is not my driver because the splash screen
is working and, it was working before. Please can anyone help me on this I
have only used this software for 6 months and am hooked on it and have been
goint through withdrawls not being able to fly.

You can send replies directly to kencossaboon@hotmail.com if you wish

I thank you all

Ken Cossaboon wrote:
> I had FS 2004 running on my pc. I then added scenery from a 3rd party that
> crashed my system. I did a complete format and recovery from my recovery
> disks (HP) and tried to re-install the game. All I get now is the splash
> screen and then the main menu I am to get is in the lower right hand corner
> and is not functional. I know it is not my driver because the splash screen
> is working and, it was working before. Please can anyone help me on this I
> have only used this software for 6 months and am hooked on it and have been
> goint through withdrawls not being able to fly.
>
> You can send replies directly to kencossaboon@hotmail.com if you wish
>
> I thank you all

Try moveing your main configuration file to another folder and let the
simulator buid a new one. If you have Windows XP look for the Fs9.cfg
file in the \Documents and Settings\Your Login\Application
Data\Microsoft\FS9 folder on your boot drive (substitute your windows XP
login for "Your Login")

It still would be a good idea to run the video and sound accelerator
tests in DXDiag and post the results. Also a good idea to post your
system specs, driver versions and DirectX version. Note that there may
be more recent and capable drivers for video, sound, motherboard and
other system components than are included on your recovery disk.

If at all possible DON'T go online with that computer until it is
protected by a firewall, at the very minimum the firewall that's
included with Windows XP. Install Antivirus and AntiSpyware utilities
and scan the system to make sure it's free of malicious software.

Make sure you install any Windows updates issued since your recovery
disk was pressed and install the FS 9.1 patch from Microsoft's web site.