MS FS 2004

Hi,

I am new to MSFS 2004. While flying the plane I see some messages flashing
on my screen like 9 nm, cheerokee etc... what is this. Can anyone expalin.

I used fs98 earlier and installed this 2004 version recently. I want to
learn how to fly step by step and how to learn and understand the navigations
equipments.

I fly just by judgement without understanding any nav equ. Pls help.

Thankx n regards,
--
Athar Sagri

ME

athar,

[ I see some messages flashing
on my screen like 9 nm, cheerokee etc] - it is other traffic. go to the
'Learning Center' and read up on 'Air Traffic Control' (ATC) .

[I want to
learn how to fly step by step and how to learn and understand the
navigations
equipments. ] goto "Flying Lessons" and take them.

goodluck!

"atharsagri" <atharsagri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am new to MSFS 2004. While flying the plane I see some messages flashing
> on my screen like 9 nm, cheerokee etc... what is this. Can anyone expalin.
>
> I used fs98 earlier and installed this 2004 version recently. I want to
> learn how to fly step by step and how to learn and understand the
> navigations
> equipments.
>
> I fly just by judgement without understanding any nav equ. Pls help.
>
> Thankx n regards,
> --
> Athar Sagri

eddie

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:26:58 -0700, "me" <me@comcast> wrote:

>athar,
>
>[ I see some messages flashing
> on my screen like 9 nm, cheerokee etc] - it is other traffic. go to the
>'Learning Center' and read up on 'Air Traffic Control' (ATC) .
>
>[I want to
>learn how to fly step by step and how to learn and understand the
>navigations
>equipments. ] goto "Flying Lessons" and take them.
>
>goodluck!

Athar, yeah, take the lessons, but to answer your question, it seems
that you are being advised that there is an aircraft in your vicinity
and it is a Piper Cherokee at that distance. (nm = Pilots measure
distances in nautical miles, as if they were seamen, not statute miles
or kilometers ...)
Eddie