Sign in with
Your question

Usb ports not working

Last response: in Windows 7
July 15, 2012 6:32:15 AM

dell inspiron N5110 usb portsand drivers are not working....
plzzzzzzzzzhelp me

More about : usb ports working

July 15, 2012 7:00:12 AM

If you go into Device Manager what does it list under the USB section? Any with a yellow triangle symbol next to it?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 15, 2012 7:22:59 AM

Are all the USB ports not working. According to ell your system comes with the following USB ports:
(2) USB 3.0
(1) USB 2.0
(1) USB 2.0 with E-SATA & Power Share

The USB 3 ports not working could be dues to their driver not being loaded in Windows. The USB 2 ports not working could be due to the Intel Chipset software not being installed in windows.
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2012 9:15:10 PM

abekl said:
Are all the USB ports not working. According to ell your system comes with the following USB ports:
(2) USB 3.0
(1) USB 2.0
(1) USB 2.0 with E-SATA & Power Share

The USB 3 ports not working could be dues to their driver not being loaded in Windows. The USB 2 ports not working could be due to the Intel Chipset software not being installed in windows.

I had installed each and every driver for all of the ports, and also i cross checked the information in Device Manager, it shows "The device is working properly". So what should i do in these situation?? I am completely messed with this USB problem. so plz suggest me some solution as early as possible.
m
l
October 29, 2012 12:54:30 PM

Your best bet is to try an auto-driver detector. Obviously something is messed up and needs repair.

http://www.drivershq.com/

The website above has a program that will hunt down any out of date drivers on your machine. It's free to use but has a paid version that will also download the latest drivers and install them for you so you don't have to worry about the headache of manually doing it.

Either way I think you're beyond the point of doing this manually. Install the freebie at the website and let it scan so you at least know what is missing from your system.
m
l
!