Usb ports not working

dell inspiron N5110 usb portsand drivers are not working....
plzzzzzzzzzhelp me
4 answers Last reply
More about ports working
  1. If you go into Device Manager what does it list under the USB section? Any with a yellow triangle symbol next to it?
  2. Are all the USB ports not working. According to ell your system comes with the following USB ports:
    (2) USB 3.0
    (1) USB 2.0
    (1) USB 2.0 with E-SATA & Power Share

The USB 3 ports not working could be dues to their driver not being loaded in Windows. The USB 2 ports not working could be due to the Intel Chipset software not being installed in windows.
  3. abekl said:
    Are all the USB ports not working. According to ell your system comes with the following USB ports:
    (2) USB 3.0
    (1) USB 2.0
    (1) USB 2.0 with E-SATA & Power Share

The USB 3 ports not working could be dues to their driver not being loaded in Windows. The USB 2 ports not working could be due to the Intel Chipset software not being installed in windows.

I had installed each and every driver for all of the ports, and also i cross checked the information in Device Manager, it shows "The device is working properly". So what should i do in these situation?? I am completely messed with this USB problem. so plz suggest me some solution as early as possible.
  4. Your best bet is to try an auto-driver detector. Obviously something is messed up and needs repair.

http://www.drivershq.com/

The website above has a program that will hunt down any out of date drivers on your machine. It's free to use but has a paid version that will also download the latest drivers and install them for you so you don't have to worry about the headache of manually doing it.

Either way I think you're beyond the point of doing this manually. Install the freebie at the website and let it scan so you at least know what is missing from your system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Dell Inspiron USB Windows 7