FS2004 no errors no hardware acceleration

I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well as
dx 9.0c. Neither helped.

Then I guess you ain't cooler than me - ha ha.

"IcoolerthnU" <IcoolerthnU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
> The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
> acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well
> as
> dx 9.0c. Neither helped.

I suppose you could Google for the subject, or you could try futilely to
use the execrable Microsoft knowledge base search function, but this may
help: I recall reading that Hardware 3-D acceleration is only operative
in the full screen mode (alt + Enter to switch in and out), but not in
Windowed mode.

-Seadog

IcoolerthnU wrote:
> I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
> The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
> acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well as
> dx 9.0c. Neither helped.

>I suppose you could Google for the subject, or you could try futilely to
>use the execrable Microsoft knowledge base search function, but this may
>help: I recall reading that Hardware 3-D acceleration is only operative
>in the full screen mode (alt + Enter to switch in and out), but not in
>Windowed mode.

That was true for... FS98, certainly not for FS2004 :) 3D
acceleration in both full and windowed mode, thankfully.

If FS runs in software mode that means the video drivers are not
correctly installed or not correctly recognized, did you run FS with
the reset defaults shortcut?

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta

Thanks for putting me straight, Katy. Now I'll know never to spread that
disinformation again. <G>

-Seadog