FS2004 no errors no hardware acceleration

I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well as
dx 9.0c. Neither helped.
4 answers Last reply
More about fs2004 errors hardware acceleration
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Then I guess you ain't cooler than me - ha ha.

    "IcoolerthnU" <IcoolerthnU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
    > The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
    > acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well
    > as
    > dx 9.0c. Neither helped.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    I suppose you could Google for the subject, or you could try futilely to
    use the execrable Microsoft knowledge base search function, but this may
    help: I recall reading that Hardware 3-D acceleration is only operative
    in the full screen mode (alt + Enter to switch in and out), but not in
    Windowed mode.

    -Seadog

    IcoolerthnU wrote:
    > I have the all-in-wonder 9800 pro, DX 9.0c. Game starts up with no errors.
    > The video settings menu shows the correct video card. Yet the game has no
    > acceleration. I have reinstalled latest drivers from ATI's site as well as
    > dx 9.0c. Neither helped.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    >I suppose you could Google for the subject, or you could try futilely to
    >use the execrable Microsoft knowledge base search function, but this may
    >help: I recall reading that Hardware 3-D acceleration is only operative
    >in the full screen mode (alt + Enter to switch in and out), but not in
    >Windowed mode.

    That was true for... FS98, certainly not for FS2004 :-) 3D
    acceleration in both full and windowed mode, thankfully.

    If FS runs in software mode that means the video drivers are not
    correctly installed or not correctly recognized, did you run FS with
    the reset defaults shortcut?

    ===
    All the best!
    Katy Pluta
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Thanks for putting me straight, Katy. Now I'll know never to spread that
    disinformation again. <G>

    -Seadog

    Katy Pluta wrote:
    >>I suppose you could Google for the subject, or you could try futilely to
    >>use the execrable Microsoft knowledge base search function, but this may
    >>help: I recall reading that Hardware 3-D acceleration is only operative
    >>in the full screen mode (alt + Enter to switch in and out), but not in
    >>Windowed mode.
    >

    > That was true for... FS98, certainly not for FS2004 :-) 3D
    > acceleration in both full and windowed mode, thankfully.
    >
    > If FS runs in software mode that means the video drivers are not
    > correctly installed or not correctly recognized, did you run FS with
    > the reset defaults shortcut?
    >
    > ===
    > All the best!
    > Katy Pluta