FS2004 Discs damanged-What to do?

I recently reformatted my HD. When reinstalling FS2004, It siad that the file
Sydney.CAB couldnt not be copied or it was in use or something like that. Is
there a way I can contact Microsoft to ask them to send me another copy Free
of charge? This copy of FS I have came in the metal box. I just need another
copy ASAP, and I can't blow 500 Hong Kong Dollars on another copy. As a
reviewer for AVSIM I'm running on a very tight schedule so any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks
Tim Brown

>I recently reformatted my HD. When reinstalling FS2004, It siad that the file
>Sydney.CAB couldnt not be copied or it was in use or something like that. Is
>there a way I can contact Microsoft to ask them to send me another copy Free
>of charge? This copy of FS I have came in the metal box. I just need another
>copy ASAP, and I can't blow 500 Hong Kong Dollars on another copy. As a
>reviewer for AVSIM I'm running on a very tight schedule so any help will be
>appreciated.

Tim,

Did you make sure that you re-installed the motherboard drivers after
formatting and re-installing Windows? Generic IDE drivers can cause
read errors, otherwise contact MS for replacement of your CD:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.promagenta.com

Katy-

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have reinstalled other games so far,
without any problem. I will contact Microsoft ASAP. Will they pay for
shipping to Hong Kong?

Cheers,
Timothy Brown
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

>Thanks for your response. Yes, I have reinstalled other games so far,
>without any problem. I will contact Microsoft ASAP. Will they pay for
>shipping to Hong Kong?

I have no idea but you need to contact your local MS branch when
outside the US.

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.promagenta.com

Why can't you just hit "ignore" and continue with the install? Unless you
really need Sydney for your review?

Rob.