High RAM windows 7 after clean install

prodeo1982

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hi guys, I have an issue with my RAM being @ 1,6 Ghz (in idle state) after clean install win7 x64 ultimate. (CPU's @ 1 - 2 % idle)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 2111MB used, 14224MB available

Only essential softwares installed like drivers and winzip and Adobe reader etc. I installed all the updates from microsoft.

I booted in diagnostic boot with only the essential windows drivers, still high RAM...

I am totally stuck and would like to have any pointers if possible?

Thnx in advanced,

Frustated User

what exactly is you problem? does it work?

Windows caches a lot of stuff, and on a clean install I think it would cache stuff it thinks you might use.

Look at task manager, performance tab, resource monitor.

if you are referring to the idle speed of the processor (1.6Ghz) then this is also normal.

prodeo1982

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
The problem is that for no reason windows is using a lot of RAM for no reason. I tried to determine the source with taskmanager and resource manager, accumulated I counted 900 mb of RAM (all users checked offcourse). When I start to instal more stuff my RAM skyrockets to 2 - 3 gig of memory.. My CPU stays low and shows no sign of usage.

So Windows is using ram the way it should I do not see what you are having a problem with. Windows 7 will free some of that memory when needed unless your system is slowing down or consuming all of your ram for no reason then I would not worry about 2-3gig as it is perfectly normal.