Sign in with
Your question

Image Windows 7 from 500GB HDD Too SSD

Last response: in Windows 7
July 15, 2012 3:42:39 PM

Hey guys,

I recently bought an HP Elite Book and I decided to pick up an OCZ Vertex 3 for the computer (120GB SSD). I normally use Norton Ghost for a lot of things I do so I decided to use Ghost to Image the OEM HDD that came with the laptop too the SSD. I went in used the command prompt screen to use the switch -ntexact so it would work, did Disk -> Disk image and ran the process. Now when the unit boots with the SSD in it, it's getting hung up on the starting Windows 7 Screen. Any ideas?

Mike
July 15, 2012 7:50:23 PM

Something went wrong in the imaging process or Ghost to Image is not a good software. I used to use Norton Ghost which made a boot disk, try software that makes it's own boot environment. Assuming used partition was less than 120Gb on the 500Gb drive ??? You may also try safe mode, delete the hdd drive from device manager.
m
l
July 15, 2012 8:21:33 PM

CoolMike90 said:
Hey guys,

I recently bought an HP Elite Book and I decided to pick up an OCZ Vertex 3 for the computer (120GB SSD). I normally use Norton Ghost for a lot of things I do so I decided to use Ghost to Image the OEM HDD that came with the laptop too the SSD. I went in used the command prompt screen to use the switch -ntexact so it would work, did Disk -> Disk image and ran the process. Now when the unit boots with the SSD in it, it's getting hung up on the starting Windows 7 Screen. Any ideas?

Mike

yeah you need to change to ahci mode in the bios.
m
l
July 15, 2012 8:31:55 PM

Hey guys,

I actually got it. The first time I did the image it seemed to have corrupted some how? But I boot and nuked the SDD, re-did the -ntexact switch in ghost than Disk->Disk and it worked no problem lol

Thanks for your help!
m
l
Related resources
!