Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Encyclopedias for Palm

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
July 15, 2004 9:38:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.

Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
an irritation.

Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?

Julian

More about : encyclopedias palm

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 9:48:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Ebay works...

http://search.ebay.com/encyclopedia-palm



"Julian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:p izJc.14183$v7.7574@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.
>
> Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
> sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
> I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
> current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
> PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
> splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
> think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
> an irritation.
>
> Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?
>
> Julian
>
>
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:05:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:38:55 GMT, Julian had this to say...


> Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.
>
> Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
> sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
> I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
> current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
> PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
> splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
> think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
> an irritation.
>
> Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?
>
> Julian

There is 30 of them on Palmgear <http://tinyurl.com/6zett&gt;
There are some free ones on Memoware mostly for use with TomeRaider.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
Related resources
July 16, 2004 12:44:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:38:55 GMT, Julian wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.

Whether it's discontinued or not I can't say, but just last night
I saw the Encyclopedia Britannica Concise Edition for Palm locked up
in the display case at a local Staples. I didn't check to see if it
was provided on an SD card though. A "concise" dictionary I could
trust, but apply that word to an encyclopedia (especially for a
Palm) and I'd worry that it was nicer way of saying "too small to be
really useful". :) 
July 16, 2004 1:04:10 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"BillB" <rainbose@earthlink.newt> wrote in message news:fiqdf0tufo87or9mt4j64eu7p8johpsq3u@4ax.com...
> Whether it's discontinued or not I can't say, but just last night
> I saw the Encyclopedia Britannica Concise Edition for Palm locked up
> in the display case at a local Staples. I didn't check to see if it
> was provided on an SD card though. A "concise" dictionary I could
> trust, but apply that word to an encyclopedia (especially for a
> Palm) and I'd worry that it was nicer way of saying "too small to be
> really useful". :) 

I agree with you. I found the concise edition online and did some
searches in it, the detail in the articles I looked at is thin indeed. Your
characterisation of "too small to be really useful" is, in my opinion,
quite accurate.

My searches did also seem to indicate that the Concise Edition is
still around in the US, it is still on the US Palm store, but seems to
not be widely available in the UK.

Julian.
July 16, 2004 1:08:56 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Jim Anderson" <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1b6083647b4845bd9897ae@news.frontiernet.net...
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:38:55 GMT, Julian had this to say...
>
>
> > Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> > on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> > concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> > to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> > my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.
> >
> > Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
> > sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
> > I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
> > current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
> > PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
> > splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
> > think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
> > an irritation.
> >
> > Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?
> >
> > Julian
>
> There is 30 of them on Palmgear <http://tinyurl.com/6zett&gt;
> There are some free ones on Memoware mostly for use with TomeRaider.

Thanks. I had done a Palmgear search but most of what came up there was
specialised encyclopedias, I was hoping to find a single general purpose
one. Right now Wikipedia looks the best bet, and just hope that version 3
of TomeRaider for PalmOS (which aparently should be out in July or soon
after) will allow the existing limitations of the Palm version to be removed.

Julian,
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:36:12 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

According to Julian <nospam@nospam.com>:
>
> Right now Wikipedia looks the best bet

I think that it might be possible in the near future to squeeze
Wikipedia onto a palm.

Currently, the compressed (text-only) database is at 212 Megs.

That is a MySQL dump, and would need to be reformatted, but looks
in range for SD cards.

The pictures as well adds another 4Gig.

Cheers, Andy!

http://wizzy.org.za/
July 16, 2004 5:23:41 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Andy Rabagliati" <andyr@wizzy.com> wrote in message news:cd87ic$e0j$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> According to Julian <nospam@nospam.com>:
> >
> > Right now Wikipedia looks the best bet
>
> I think that it might be possible in the near future to squeeze
> Wikipedia onto a palm.
>
> Currently, the compressed (text-only) database is at 212 Megs.
>
> That is a MySQL dump, and would need to be reformatted, but looks
> in range for SD cards.
>
> The pictures as well adds another 4Gig.
>
> Cheers, Andy!
>
> http://wizzy.org.za/

Wikipedia is already available for Palm. Here is the site
http://members.chello.nl/epzachte/Wikipedia/

The trouble is that at the moment the latest version of Tomeraider (TR2)
on PalmOS has some nasty limitations, i.e. maximum 30MB per file
means that it's split into 6 seperate files and obviously global searching
and hyperlinking isn't possible because it's split across files. Also, TR2
doesn't support html so tables and equations aren't formatted very well.
Apparently the formatting will be fixed for TomeRaider 3 and I just
hope that the 30MB file limit goes away too.

There have been some discussions of extracting Wiki and converting it
for Plucker but right now the Plucker convertion tools die because they
run out of memory while processing the wiki database.

If TR3 fixes the problems, or if someone could get it going with Plucker,
then this would be totally amazing.

- Julian
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 5:26:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi

We are currently in the final stages of TR3 for Palm and Windows. Both
should be out in beta next week. There is still lots of polishing to be done
but yes, the palm version will be able to hold the entire Wikipedia in one
file. We have had to do some pretty new stuff to make this possible but it
looks like we will have it done.

As well as ultra large file support, TomeRaider 3 will have zillions of new
features (Images, categories, filters, search acceleration.....) It is a
total rewrite two years in the making, and we hope it will be as ground
breaking as the original TomeRaiders were all those years ago.

If you would like to be a beta tester for the Palm or the Windows version
then drop us an email at the normal Proporta software address.

Regards,

Mat




"Julian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:p izJc.14183$v7.7574@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.
>
> Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
> sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
> I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
> current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
> PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
> splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
> think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
> an irritation.
>
> Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?
>
> Julian
>
>
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 7:04:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

According to Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove>:
>
> yes, the palm version will be able to hold the entire Wikipedia in one file.

Amazing.

Hmm - time I upgraded my Palm IIIC ?

How big is the database ?

Cheers, Andy!
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 7:45:02 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I think it will be a little bigger than your trusty 3c can handle;-) The
theortical max is 4gigs. The wikipedia is growing all the time but the last
cut we had came in at 100 megs without pictures.

Please wait until you hear what other people say about TR3 before you
upgrade just for it:-)

Mat



"Andy Rabagliati" <andyr@wizzy.com> wrote in message
news:cd8qpn$bq8$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> According to Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove>:
> >
> > yes, the palm version will be able to hold the entire Wikipedia in one
file.
>
> Amazing.
>
> Hmm - time I upgraded my Palm IIIC ?
>
> How big is the database ?
>
> Cheers, Andy!
July 16, 2004 8:26:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Mat Ripley" <mat@proporta.com.remove> wrote in message news:cd8t5u$1eo$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> I think it will be a little bigger than your trusty 3c can handle;-) The
> theortical max is 4gigs. The wikipedia is growing all the time but the last
> cut we had came in at 100 megs without pictures.

I believe that Tomeraider has pretty good compression (which Mat is obviously
too self-effacing to mention). In the page that I gave the link to in a previous
post they say "For handhelds you will need a memory card. The TomeRaider file
for the English Wikipedia measures roughly 185 MB, but contains more than 390
MB text. (The July release is still available, which is significantly smaller.) ".

Maybe the extra features in TR3 will affect the compression somewhat, but
storage cards are becoming quite affordable now. I just bought a 256MB
Memory stick for £40 and (a) Memory Stick is a rip-off compared to the
other formats, and (b) UK prices are a rip-off compared to the US, so if
you live in the US and have a Palm that takes SD storage then it shouldn't
cost much at all to get a 256MB SD card.

- Julian
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 9:05:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> I believe that Tomeraider has pretty good compression (which Mat is
obviously
> too self-effacing to mention). In the page that I gave the link to in a
previous
> post they say "For handhelds you will need a memory card. The TomeRaider
file
> for the English Wikipedia measures roughly 185 MB, but contains more than
390
> MB text. (The July release is still available, which is significantly
smaller.) ".

The TR3 file format has much better compression than TR2 but we have taken
some of the gain and used it for some of the new features such as search
acceleration. At some point after launch we will be adding what we currently
call "file boosting" to TR windows. This will allow you to modify a TR3 file
to suit your need; so you can strip out images, down grade images, increase
or decrease search acceleration and even remove sections by their
categories.



The only major drawback of TR3 that we know about is the time it takes to
make the files. In some cases - the movie guides and encycloepdias- it can
be many hours because its doing so much for the compression etc. But we have
some ways to optimize this planned and it only needs to be donce once per
file.


All the best,

Mat
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 9:06:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> When you get stressed out between now and getting this out of the door,
take
> small comfort in the fact that you have at least one customer camped
outside
> your virtual door with money in hand waiting to reward your efforts (I
want
> it for Wikipedia alone).

Good beta testers should never pay! :-)
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 7:05:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove> wrote:
> As well as ultra large file support, TomeRaider 3 will have zillions
> of new features (Images, categories, filters, search
> acceleration.....) It is a total rewrite two years in the making,
> and we hope it will be as ground breaking as the original
> TomeRaiders were all those years ago.

That sounds very interesting.

Does TR3 provide high-resolution graphics?

Will it support landscape and portrait modes?

Will the generation tools for indexed files still be free?

Is there a program that allows people now buying TR2 to upgrade to TR3
for free?

Do you support Linux generation tools?

> If you would like to be a beta tester for the Palm or the Windows
> version then drop us an email at the normal Proporta software
> address.

Thanks. I've done that with with my private email address.

Regards,

Guido
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 9:24:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi Guido,

> That sounds very interesting.

> Does TR3 provide high-resolution graphics?

Yes, but there will be options to downgrade images for lower spec palms.

> Will it support landscape and portrait modes?

No... at least not initially. I should say now that we are focussing on the
file format and engine rather than the platform specifics. Page orientation
is very much a platform specific issue:-)


> Will the generation tools for indexed files still be free?

Of course.

> Is there a program that allows people now buying TR2 to upgrade to TR3
> for free?

To be honest we haven't decided on the fairest upgrade path yet. TomeRaider
3 is a massive rewrite for us and we are pinning lots on it. Equally, our
user current user base is very very important to us so we want to treat
them/you fairly and specially. We genuinely think that whatever upgrade
option we go, 99% of our current customers will see that its a really fair
and worthwhile way of doing things - that will allow us to continue to
develop TomeRaider far into the future.


> Do you support Linux generation tools?

No, but we would like to- under the right circumstances.

> Thanks. I've done that with my private email address.

So I see:-) Any one else, please write to software at proporta dot com
rather than my personal email address.

Warm regards,

Mat
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 1:51:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi Mat,

Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove> wrote:
>> Does TR3 provide high-resolution graphics?
>
> Yes, but there will be options to downgrade images for lower spec
> palms.

Sorry, my question was somewhat unclear. I was thinking about smaller
fonts, especially for getting more text on the standard 320x320
displays. In fact, you should be able to get a maximum of 4 times the
text compared to 160x160.

How about that?

>> Will it support landscape and portrait modes?
>
> No... at least not initially. I should say now that we are
> focussing on the file format and engine rather than the platform
> specifics. Page orientation is very much a platform specific
> issue:-)

Really? I thought with Palm OS 5 and higher there is a PalmOS standard
interface for this. As you know, the T3 now supports changing
orientation for all built-in stuff as well as DocsToGo so it looks odd
not to have it for TR3.

>> Will the generation tools for indexed files still be free?
>
> Of course.

That's very good news. I have looked at your competitors product
Mobipocket, and they charge nearly US $1000 for a publishing software
that's able to generate indexes - a price that's way beyond limits for
a private user.

On the other hand:

Does TR3 provide encryption and DRM?

>> Is there a program that allows people now buying TR2 to upgrade to
>> TR3 for free?
>
> To be honest we haven't decided on the fairest upgrade path yet.
> TomeRaider 3 is a massive rewrite for us and we are pinning lots on
> it. Equally, our user current user base is very very important to us
> so we want to treat them/you fairly and specially. We genuinely
> think that whatever upgrade option we go, 99% of our current
> customers will see that its a really fair and worthwhile way of
> doing things - that will allow us to continue to develop TomeRaider
> far into the future.

But you should keep in mind - now that you have unveiled TR3 - that
people will usually stop buying the old existing product until either
the new one is officially out or it is clear they will not loose money
by buying now and upgrade later.

>> Do you support Linux generation tools?
>
> No, but we would like to- under the right circumstances.

That's a bit unspecific. What are the right circumstances? Do you
depend on a license key system for Linux? If not, it should be no
problem to provide a simple converter, as this is usually just the
same code written in C.

> So I see:-) Any one else, please write to software at proporta
> dot com rather than my personal email address.

Thanks for the hint. I had no clear idea, which proporta address you
were referring to. I have resent my mail.

Regards,

Guido
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 2:16:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Guido Ostkamp" <gueltig-bis-15-07-2004@nurfuerspam.de> wrote in message news:<arrns1-4v4.ln1@320076385420-0001.dialin.t-online.de>...
> Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove> wrote:
> > As well as ultra large file support, TomeRaider 3 will have zillions
> > of new features (Images, categories, filters, search
> > acceleration.....) It is a total rewrite two years in the making,
> > and we hope it will be as ground breaking as the original
> > TomeRaiders were all those years ago.
>
> That sounds very interesting.
>
> Does TR3 provide high-resolution graphics?
>
> Will it support landscape and portrait modes?
>
> Will the generation tools for indexed files still be free?
>
> Is there a program that allows people now buying TR2 to upgrade to TR3
> for free?
>
> Do you support Linux generation tools?
>
> > If you would like to be a beta tester for the Palm or the Windows
> > version then drop us an email at the normal Proporta software
> > address.
>
> Thanks. I've done that with with my private email address.
>
> Regards,
>
> Guido

I obviously missed the announcement. When will TR3 be available?
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 2:21:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi Guido

> Sorry, my question was somewhat unclear. I was thinking about smaller
> fonts, especially for getting more text on the standard 320x320
> displays. In fact, you should be able to get a maximum of 4 times the
> text compared to 160x160.
>
> How about that?


Right now we have it at a max of 320*480, after launch we will look into
taking it to the maximum resolution. There are some issues with page
rendering speed at these resolutions.

>
> >> Will it support landscape and portrait modes?
> >
> > No... at least not initially. I should say now that we are
> > focussing on the file format and engine rather than the platform
> > specifics. Page orientation is very much a platform specific
> > issue:-)
>
> Really? I thought with Palm OS 5 and higher there is a PalmOS standard
> interface for this. As you know, the T3 now supports changing
> orientation for all built-in stuff as well as DocsToGo so it looks odd
> not to have it for TR3.

We do intend to have it but its not a matter of simply flipping a switch it
all needs to be thoroughly tested. What's more the emulator doesn't support
landscape mode. Its for these kind of reasons that we are focussing on the
non platform specifics. We and you have waited long enough for TR3:-)

> On the other hand:
>
> Does TR3 provide encryption and DRM?

Yes. We have a sophisticated DRM model we have built from the ground up. But
this needs really extesnive testing so it wont be in the initial TR3 release
on any version. Finding bugs in the display code isn one thing, finding a
fundamental weakness in the DRM is another (Not that we expect to but we
need to be very sure)

The encryption we use is AES 128.


> >> Is there a program that allows people now buying TR2 to upgrade to
> >> TR3 for free?
> >
> > To be honest we haven't decided on the fairest upgrade path yet.
> > TomeRaider 3 is a massive rewrite for us and we are pinning lots on
> > it. Equally, our user current user base is very very important to us
> > so we want to treat them/you fairly and specially. We genuinely
> > think that whatever upgrade option we go, 99% of our current
> > customers will see that its a really fair and worthwhile way of
> > doing things - that will allow us to continue to develop TomeRaider
> > far into the future.
>
> But you should keep in mind - now that you have unveiled TR3 - that
> people will usually stop buying the old existing product until either
> the new one is officially out or it is clear they will not loose money
> by buying now and upgrade later.

As always, if you have purchased software within the last 12 months there
will be a free upgrade:-)


> >> Do you support Linux generation tools?
> >
> > No, but we would like to- under the right circumstances.
>
> That's a bit unspecific. What are the right circumstances? Do you
> depend on a license key system for Linux? If not, it should be no
> problem to provide a simple converter, as this is usually just the
> same code written in C.

What I mean by this is that our intention is to get TR on as many platforms
as possible. But as a business there are numerous considerations to be made.
In the same way as if the circumstances are "right" for Blackberry or Amiga
we will bring it out for that, if they are right for Linux we will there as
well. There are additional issues with Linux because of its open source
nature but I don't see them as being critical as to whether it comes out on
that platform or not.

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently,

All the best,

Mat
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 4:45:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

The EBCE is available as a file, (more flexible then a card) from
Mobipocket. http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/BookDetails.asp?Boo...

I have one and it is nice to have in your pocket.

"Julian" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:p izJc.14183$v7.7574@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Does anyone have any recommendations for general encyclopedias
> on Palm? I know that Palm used to sell the Encyclopedia Britannica
> concise edition (EBCE) on an SD card (which was apparently copy-able
> to a bigger SD card so you could carry it along with your other stuff) but
> my Googling just now makes me think that this is discontinued.
>
> Has the EBCE for Palm really been discontinued? If so then this is really
> sad. What other choices are there? I know of Wikipedia for Palm and
> I like the online version a lot but I'm wondering how many of the
> current limitations of the Palm/Tomeraider version (compared to the
> PocketPC/Tomeraider version) will be fixed in Tomeraider 3. The
> splitting of the encyclopedia into multiple files would drive me mad I
> think, and the partial formatting of equations and tables would also be
> an irritation.
>
> Any other suggestions for encyclopedias on Palm?
>
> Julian
>
>
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 10:03:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi Mat,

Mat Ripley <mat@proporta.com.remove> wrote:
> As always, if you have purchased software within the last 12 months there
> will be a free upgrade:-)

That's a clear announcement :-)

> I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently,

Thank you.

One last question: Will there be a confirmation mail whether people
are accepted or rejected for the beta testing? I sent the request to
the address you provided, but didn't receive a response yet.

Regards,

Guido
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:17:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> I obviously missed the announcement. When will TR3 be available?

Hi

TR3 for Windows and Palm will be out in beta this week. Other platforms to
follow.

Mat
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 12:17:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> One last question: Will there be a confirmation mail whether people
> are accepted or rejected for the beta testing? I sent the request to
> the address you provided, but didn't receive a response yet.

Yes, a mail will be sent out to all, either way. If you still havent
recieved one from Diana let me know.

Reagds

Mat
!