WEP & Broadband Network Utility

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

1) I have a windows XP system with a MN510 wireless PCMCIA
card.
2) My system does not have the "Microsoft Broadband
Network Utility" installed.
3) The card wokds fine if I diable WEP on network

Question I want to enalbe the WEP features. I read that I
wiil need the "Microsoft Broadband Network Utility". Where
can I download this utility from.

Thanks,
David

You don't have to have the BNU if you are using windows xp. Windows XP's
Zero Wireless Config should be sufficient.

If you must use BNU... follow these instructions.

Goto
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx

Select MN700
Download the msbndownload.exe file

Extract its contents with Winrar
Right click msbn.msi and install it.

That will install the BNU for you.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Dave" <MrsBRamos@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 1) I have a windows XP system with a MN510 wireless PCMCIA
> card.
> 2) My system does not have the "Microsoft Broadband
> Network Utility" installed.
> 3) The card wokds fine if I diable WEP on network
>
> Question I want to enalbe the WEP features. I read that I
> wiil need the "Microsoft Broadband Network Utility". Where
> can I download this utility from.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Sorry I gave you the wrong part number:
I have a "Wireless Notebook Adapter MN-520"

I read that enabling the "Wireless Zero Configuration"
service will enable WEP features of the card.

Question:
1) Do I still need the BNU utility ?
2) Are there any other configurations needed to enable
the WEP features ?

Thanks
David

The same applies. You can do it all through the Wireless Zero Config
Service.