New PC Build: another Windows 7 install freeze

moose1337

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hello,
Just built a brand spankin new rig(specs below), and I installed windows 7 onto my SSD(No Problem!) and proceeded to install drivers, format my extra drive and start installing other software and etc.
Then randomly I would get a blue screen telling me some sort of data dump message and the system would reboot normally. This persisted and I booted in safe mode a few times no problem. This morning I tried to boot and Windows 7 froze on the "starting Windows" screen, no colored orbs here. Since then I have attempted to reinstall windows onto my SSD(same freezing issue even after waiting over 40 min.), install windows on my hdd(same issue) and boot without various components(video card, cd drive etc) to no avail.
I also flashed the latest BIOS via USB and have attempted boots w/o usb, intel smart connect and rapid start, and other possible solutions. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

MOBO: Asrock z77 xtreme 4
CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
Memory : 16gb G. Skill Ripjaw in two sticks 1600 ddr3
Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
Drives: Crucial m4 128gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm
PSU: Rosewill Hive 750 Modular Gaming Power Supply
Drive: Bulk Asus DVDRW Sata drive
Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
Video Card: Gigabyte GtX 670

moose1337

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I have, I installed them off the disc included and then got all the updated ones online. Would that affect me being able to install a fresh copy of windows 7 as well?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
It should not, however, do you have an A+ tech. certificate ? Too many people think it's so easy to slap together parts and build a PC. I'm going to ask you some questions first, does the power supply have enough AMPs on all outputs 12v, 5v, 3.3v, etc... to supply the hardware you put in ? Does the memory default voltage match the motherboard socket voltage without OC or Bios mods ? You don't flash Bios just because, did you read mfg. Bios fixes in the new mod. ? Did they address your problem ? If I were you I would check voltages and temperatures, in bios first as they are most accurate, anything above 55C for cpu is too high and may have to redo the paste and heatsink application. Then I would re-seat and secure everything on the board, make sure it sits tight and in proper place, especially the RAM. Then do a memtestx86 boot cd and run overnight for 8 passes. If all that is complete with no problems, your HW is fine and reinstall Win7 with both HDDs/SSDs attached, Win7 maybe a little more finicky about adding hardware. If you're still having boot problems change install CD to one tested on other PCs, in lack of, return it to Microsoft for an exchange. Install drivers in this order - mb chipset, video, audio, network, anything else. Do not become a know-it-all overnight. Treat your system as stable if not F-ed with, I recommend no overclocking and will not troubleshoot cooking systems.

RussK1

Splendid

What firmware is the M4 on?

Firmware update utility HERE (if needed).

Release notes HERE.

The A+ cert. comment above is a joke.

WhoCrashed is a useful tool. Just copy/paste the conclusion. **can be done in safe mode with networking.**

moose1337

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hey Guys, could never get it too boot in safe mode either, eventually took it to a friend with a similar build and switched parts until we found out IT WAS THE CPU???????? I got a new one several weeks ago and everything is greaT. tHANKS FOR YOUR hELP! :D
-Moose1337