Sign in with
Your question

Getting I/O Monitor Initialize Error on startup

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 16, 2002 8:43:34 PM

I just installed windows xp pro. Everything works fine, except just today, for some reason I am getting this error message at startup

"I/O Monitor Initialize Error
Filter 32.vxd Virtual Device driver could not be found"

Everything works fine on my computer though, so I don't think it's much a problem, but it's quite annoying.
As I was searching through my computer it looked like that file was part of "Trend PC-Cillin 2000" but when I deleted it I still got the error message.

Also, I have the SoundBlaster Audigy and I want to get rid of that stupid Creative splash screen at startup. I had it turned off when I was running win98, but I had to reinstall the drivers for the audigy and now I can't find the listing for the splash screen in msconfig. Anyone know what I should do to get rid of it?

Oh yeah, and how do I keep windows messenger from popping up for good? I keep turning it off in msconfig but it keeps coming back......grrrrr
-Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by henryo11 on 05/16/02 04:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 16, 2002 9:38:38 PM

hm.....nevermind, this time I deleted the pc-cillin program and then I took out the startup options for the program and now the error message goes away.....
!