TFT/CRT Dual setup problems - any help?

kyojin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004
hi,

i have a radeon 9500Pro with a 17" TFT as primary on the DVI, and a 17" CRT as secondary on the D-Sub. i have a bloody long VGA extension lead, and have the CRT at the end of my bed, for watching movies etc. =)

the problem is that any media file i play is jerky as hell on the CRT when fullscreen. however, if i set the CRT to primary, it is fine, plays perfectly. also, if the CRT is set to primary, media will play fine on the TFT, now set to secondary.

i have exactly the same problem if i use a PCI Voodoo3 (remember them...) to connect the CRT - when primary it is fine, when secondary it is jerky and unwatchable. it must be something to do with windowsXP setting refreshrates based on the TFT when that is set to primary, however i have played with the refresh rates setting and not managed to solve it.

if you have any clue, i would be very grateful, as setting the CRT to primary is not the best solution, especially when my girlfriend wants to watch friends while i am surfin the net or whatever...

thanks,

k.

kyojin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004
BUMP

i fixed it, it was because i had both displays set to the same resolution. setting the CRT to a lower resolution fixed it.

ta