BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I have a question about zone alarm. when I have zone alarm running on my PC's I can't network my two pc's or share the printer. As soon as I turn off zone alarm I can acomplish the above. Is there any thing in windows that is stopping this or zone alarm. I get the pop ups from zone alarm telling me about the atempt of somthing acessing it . I figure this is my other pc being I am not on the net. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bruce.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It sounds like the firewall is causing the problem. Try disabling the network, and then disabling ZoneAlarm. Then launch the network, and get online. Afterwards, reenable ZoneAlarm. It should detect the network connection. If it does, put this is the Trusted Zone with a name for the network.

If this doesn't work, uninstall ZoneAlarm. Establish the network, and go online. Reinstall ZoneAlarm. It should detect the network right after the installation is finished.

Toejam31

<font color=red>First Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17935" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Devastating Dalek Destroyer</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Some push the envelope. Some just lick it. And some can't find the flap."</font color=purple>

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
during the setup process of zonealarm you get an option to tell it the computer is an internet gateway, did you use and set up this option correctly. you can also add a network to the trusted zone. if using latest version(you should be anyway) select firewall/zones and add a new network. if you are not using the latest version use the check for update on the config screen.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks for the help . I don't know how I missed that advance tab. By the way, when I post a question on Toms and get a reply do I reply to the post you made to say thanks or add some thought or do I make a new post all together. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
no problem. i think it's best to reply to the post as we have the option to have a reply emailed to us and it saves rechecking every post.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!