BSOD ctclsflt.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinnley

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
i did an upgrade on my computer yesterday where i went from vista to windows 7 (64bit). so far everything has worked fine except for my camera, every time i try to use it in any program i get a BSOD with a stop error code of 0x0000007E
also it tells me that the problem is with some file called ctclsflt.sys
so after going through the registry and stuff i ended up finding that this file (obviously) is assosiated with my webcam. it's a creative IM ultra or something like that. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but it still won't work, i still get the same BSOD error and everything.

Solution
Here's some more stuff I found:

http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx

Have you downloaded the Creative Live Central 2 program as well? Supposedly this goes along with the web cams. Maybe that might fix your problem?

Here's what they say on the v2.00.29 file:

File Name : LCTR2_PCAPP_LA_2_00_29.exe
This download contains an improved version of the Creative Live!® Central 2 application for use with certain Creative Live! Cams. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

Live! Cam Socialize HD
Live! Cam Socialize
Live! Cam Optia AF
Live! Cam Video IM Ultra
Live! Cam Notebook Pro
Fixes:
Resolves the following issues:

After changing your system display...

isamuelson

Distinguished
Here's some more stuff I found:

http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx

Have you downloaded the Creative Live Central 2 program as well? Supposedly this goes along with the web cams. Maybe that might fix your problem?

Here's what they say on the v2.00.29 file:

File Name : LCTR2_PCAPP_LA_2_00_29.exe
This download contains an improved version of the Creative Live!® Central 2 application for use with certain Creative Live! Cams. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

Live! Cam Socialize HD
Live! Cam Socialize
Live! Cam Optia AF
Live! Cam Video IM Ultra
Live! Cam Notebook Pro
Fixes:
Resolves the following issues:

After changing your system display resolution, some settings may not appear correctly.
When DPI is set to more than 96, some settings may not appear correctly.
Snapshot/Live Contacts button does not work correctly.
Live Contacts button does not work when the Live! Cam is connected while the system is running.
Clicking the Creative WebCam button in MSN Messenger 2009 launches Live! Central twice.
Restores missing photo capture resolution options for certain Live! Cams.
Voice Effects presets are not localized in some languages.
Requirements:

Microsoft® Windows® 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit with Service Pack 1, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP with Service Pack 3
DirectX® 9.0 and above
Creative Live! Cam devices listed above
Notes:

Before installing the application, download and install the latest web driver for your device.
To install this application
Download the LCTR2_PCAPP_LA_2_00_29.exe file onto your local hard disk.
Double-click the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions on the screen.

Solution

mckinnley

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
well that's strange, for one reason or another that fixed my problem, i have no idea why that would do it since it's not a driver but hey, computers can be finicky sometimes. thank you so much for your help

isamuelson

Distinguished

It probably had more to do with the software interfacing with the camera than the driver. You were probably using an older version that was doing something illegal with the driver.

duffdav1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
After 1/2 day of searching, debugging, etc., I uninstalled Creative Technologies Webcam Central, which apparently owns CTCLSFLT.sys. The problem went away, along with CTCLSFLT.

System: Vista Home
Problem description: After every sleep, BSOD, reason code "0000000A" (offset 749 in CTCLSFLT.sys).

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.