  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
October 9, 2004 11:30:19 PM

I have Sidewinder Gamepad for windows 95, and now that I
have a new computer with XP Home Edition, I can no longer
us it. Does anyone know where I can find a driver for my
sidewinder?

More about : sidewinder gamepad

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:14:48 AM

Hi Alex,

"Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f7d01c4ae71$1598f620$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I have Sidewinder Gamepad for windows 95, and now that I
> have a new computer with XP Home Edition, I can no longer
> us it. Does anyone know where I can find a driver for my
> sidewinder?

Here's the instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

The version 4 software for USB Sidewinders is XP compatible.
It gives you a warning, you can click OK and continue installing it.
I've had the same experiences with USB cam's & other devices.

The version 3 software, isn't compatible. It uses XP's drivers instead.
USB devices just plug and play. GamePort devices need some work:

To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

October 10, 2004 5:17:59 AM

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>.
>wow, that was really simple. I really appreciate your help.
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 4:12:55 PM

You're welcome Alex! :-)

Cheers,