Sidewinder GamePad

I have Sidewinder Gamepad for windows 95, and now that I
have a new computer with XP Home Edition, I can no longer
us it. Does anyone know where I can find a driver for my
sidewinder?
3 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder gamepad

    Hi Alex,

    "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f7d01c4ae71$1598f620$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >I have Sidewinder Gamepad for windows 95, and now that I
    > have a new computer with XP Home Edition, I can no longer
    > us it. Does anyone know where I can find a driver for my
    > sidewinder?

    Here's the instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

    The version 4 software for USB Sidewinders is XP compatible.
    It gives you a warning, you can click OK and continue installing it.
    I've had the same experiences with USB cam's & other devices.

    The version 3 software, isn't compatible. It uses XP's drivers instead.
    USB devices just plug and play. GamePort devices need some work:

    To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >.
    >wow, that was really simple. I really appreciate your help.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    You're welcome Alex! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367f01c4aea1$a72d2d60$a601280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

Windows 95 Gamepad Microsoft Video Games