Sign in with
Your question

Error 0x80070522:A required privelege is not held by the client

Last response: in Windows 8
March 10, 2013 10:27:23 AM

Okay so i brought windows 8 pro and installed it by replacing the older win 7 ultimate.
Now i wanted to edit a text file in my c drive which i had put there when i was using win 7 and after editing it when i tried to save it, it said that i need admin permission even i cannot copy a file to my c drive.

So i looked the microsoft forums and tried changing permissions and UAC but the i am getting this error

i went to every forum possible and tried out many fixes but i am still getting this error.

I mean how can this happen, i am the owner of the pc, have full control but then also it does not let me copy or even create a new text file.
And also i cannot disable UAC since it will mess up the appstore.

I'm so pissed off!!!!! :fou: 
March 10, 2013 6:31:25 PM

Give this a try.

Open an administrative command prompt and type these 2 lines:

takeown /f c:
icacls c: /grant USER:F

*Replace USER with your username.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
March 10, 2013 8:00:21 PM

And millions of other users are pissed off, because every virus and trojan could write it's files wherever it wanted. That's why M$ decided to put some security on some system reserved directories.
m
l
March 12, 2013 7:46:34 AM

Uuyucool2012 said:
Okay so i brought windows 8 pro and installed it by replacing the older win 7 ultimate.
Now i wanted to edit a text file in my c drive which i had put there when i was using win 7 and after editing it when i tried to save it, it said that i need admin permission even i cannot copy a file to my c drive.

So i looked the microsoft forums and tried changing permissions and UAC but the i am getting this error

i went to every forum possible and tried out many fixes but i am still getting this error.

I mean how can this happen, i am the owner of the pc, have full control but then also it does not let me copy or even create a new text file.
And also i cannot disable UAC since it will mess up the appstore.

I'm so pissed off!!!!! :fou: 

casper1973 said:
Give this a try.

Open an administrative command prompt and type these 2 lines:

takeown /f c:
icacls c: /grant USER:F

*Replace USER with your username.

noidea_77 said:
And millions of other users are pissed off, because every virus and trojan could write it's files wherever it wanted. That's why M$ decided to put some security on some system reserved directories.

nope still getting the error.
m
l
!