Sign in with
Your question

Think I have a virus

Last response: in Windows 7
July 16, 2012 11:34:16 AM

Hi Guys

I downloaded core temp and apparently it had some sort of virus other users have been complaining about it, I did choose not to install the toolbars task bars and security scans it asked me to download however something obviously went through.

Now I scanned Malwarebytes on my computer and this is what it found

Coretemp_1236.exe (PUP.BundleOffers.IIQ)

Now is this dangerous? Malwarebytes did run and quaranteened and removed this, but im just wondering has it definatly gone ive run another 2 scans to make sure and they have both come back clean.

Thing that realy did scare me is this morning the night after I found this and removed it my internet wouldnt work and I had to restart my router dont know if this is a coinsidence or me just panicing

Can someone just put my mind at ease? and has it gone? I have run another scan this morning and it came back with nothing.

Thanks

Matty

More about : virus

July 16, 2012 1:12:34 PM

Ive used AVG however this didnt find anything then I ran Malwarebytes and it found this.....Think I should be ok now?
Related resources
July 16, 2012 4:38:07 PM

Sadly, the latest version of Core Temp comes complete with an adware installer. You can still get Core Temp without the adware by clicking on the "More Downloads" link under the main link and selecting the standalone version.
July 16, 2012 6:44:43 PM

Thats what ive been reading on the internet will I be ok now Ive removed the program and also scanned with malwarebytes to get rid of it and now shows no trace of the virus I had
July 16, 2012 8:23:12 PM

The threat that malwarebytes found is an installer that wants you to install other crap along with it. This isn't dangerous it's just annoying. I use speedfan by the way.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
July 16, 2012 9:01:02 PM

There are links to some good AV software in the link in my signature. Malwarebytes is a very good scanner, but isn't always 100%. Used in combination with some of the software in that guide, you should be ok.
!