Andy

I don't have a cable modem...i have a broadband internet
connection that uses a pci card. How can i get that pci
card to share its internet with the mn-700 and three
other computers..wirelessly. The main desktop computer
with the internet connection is Windows XP. It used dtn
speednet or internet, im not sure how many of you have
heard of this..it's high speed wireless internet. the
other computers use windows 2000. PLEASE HELP..i know it
can be done, but Microsoft tech help has been terrible.
thanks,
andy

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Andy,

DTN SpeedNet provides a broadband wireless service. In
your setup, an external antenna sends the signal via coax
cable to an internal modem - your PCI card. So, in fact,
you DO have a cable modem - a coax cable modem that
actually receives the incoming wireless signal and de-
modulates it directly in the PC.

It would be nice if DTN SpeedNet supplied a separate
demodulator box with standard ethernet RG-45 cabling, but
given your present setup you will be making your WinXP
the gateway server/router for your LAN. All the Win2000
machines and the MN-700 will have to access the WinXP to
gain Internet access. Th WinXP should have a standard
LAN/ethernet connection (RG-45). From that connection,
plug the the cable into the "Modem" receptacle of the MN-
700.

If you use the WinXP Network Wizard, ti will query
you..."Do all your PCs on your network access the
Internet through this computer?" You will answer "yes",
and follow the Wizards instructions. The Wizard should
distinquish between your cable modem (your Internet
connection) and the LAN/ethernet connection to the MN-700.

Good Luck!

Andy

What about ip addresses...how do i make it so that both
the speednet network card and the regular network card
(the one hooked into the mn-700) will both work. When i
enable the 2nd nic the computer tries to access the
internet thru it...it has to be in the ip address.
thanks,
andy