mn-700 networking

I don't have a cable modem...i have a broadband internet
connection that uses a pci card. How can i get that pci
card to share its internet with the mn-700 and three
other computers..wirelessly. The main desktop computer
with the internet connection is Windows XP. It used dtn
speednet or internet, im not sure how many of you have
heard of this..it's high speed wireless internet. the
other computers use windows 2000. PLEASE HELP..i know it
can be done, but Microsoft tech help has been terrible.
thanks,
andy
2 answers Last reply
More about networking

    Dear Andy,

    DTN SpeedNet provides a broadband wireless service. In
    your setup, an external antenna sends the signal via coax
    cable to an internal modem - your PCI card. So, in fact,
    you DO have a cable modem - a coax cable modem that
    actually receives the incoming wireless signal and de-
    modulates it directly in the PC.

    It would be nice if DTN SpeedNet supplied a separate
    demodulator box with standard ethernet RG-45 cabling, but
    given your present setup you will be making your WinXP
    the gateway server/router for your LAN. All the Win2000
    machines and the MN-700 will have to access the WinXP to
    gain Internet access. Th WinXP should have a standard
    LAN/ethernet connection (RG-45). From that connection,
    plug the the cable into the "Modem" receptacle of the MN-
    700.

    If you use the WinXP Network Wizard, ti will query
    you..."Do all your PCs on your network access the
    Internet through this computer?" You will answer "yes",
    and follow the Wizards instructions. The Wizard should
    distinquish between your cable modem (your Internet
    connection) and the LAN/ethernet connection to the MN-700.

    Good Luck!

    What about ip addresses...how do i make it so that both
    the speednet network card and the regular network card
    (the one hooked into the mn-700) will both work. When i
    enable the 2nd nic the computer tries to access the
    internet thru it...it has to be in the ip address.
    thanks,
    andy

Routers Internet Networking