Sign in with
Your question

DIY notebooks/laptops?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 23, 2006 6:32:44 PM

I remember an article being posted here months back that more or less told people how to build their own laptops. Unfortunatly, I can't find the article anymore but am interested in building my own low budget laptop. Does anyone have any pointers on how to go about building one yourself, or is it much more complicated than building a desktop and not worth my time to do?

More about : diy notebooks laptops

October 23, 2006 6:50:30 PM

you mean THIS DIY review google found it fast.. love it :D 
There are tons of other resources out there more recent than this. If you search a little you'll find plenty. DIY isn't the same with laptops as it is desktops per say. But it can still be fun. Good luck if you do decide to go for iit
October 23, 2006 6:56:15 PM

Quote:
you mean THIS DIY review google found it fast.. love it :D 
There are tons of other resources out there more recent than this. If you search a little you'll find plenty. DIY isn't the same with laptops as it is desktops per say. But it can still be fun. Good luck if you do decide to go for iit

Yeah, that's weird I was on google for like 15 minutes searching for shit and found nothing.
October 26, 2006 2:29:23 AM

Quote:
I remember an article being posted here months back that more or less told people how to build their own laptops. Unfortunatly, I can't find the article anymore but am interested in building my own low budget laptop. Does anyone have any pointers on how to go about building one yourself, or is it much more complicated than building a desktop and not worth my time to do?

I just found an awesome website called http://www.rjtech.com/

You can buy a barebone laptop and then go to NewEgg.com to fill it with what you want. I just put together a RAID 1 M570U-A
laptop for $1400 w/o operating system. Everyone else I went to wanted well over $2000+ to do the same thing assembled.

I like the option of getting it with no operating system... I have a license.. so that alone saves me $$$$$
!