My screen has flipped sideways on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggy campbell

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
My computer screen has flipped sideways. I get it to go back straight but when i close the computer and reopen it goes sideways again. How do I keep this from happening? I went to my control panel to fix it and that didn't work. I pushed ctrl-alt-up but that didn't fix it.

Solution

On Windows 7, it says graphics options instead of monitor settings.

Typically, to fix this type of error, you would use ctrl+alt+up arrow key to flip the screen right side up.
(incidentally...
ctrl+alt+right arrow = flip to the right
ctrl+alt+left arrow = flip to the left
ctrl+alt+down arrow = flip upside down)

If that doesn't work, or if your keyboard shortcuts have been disabled, right...

try booting into safe mode and removing the nvidia video driver then boot back into normal mode and download the newest driver from nvidia. could be the control panel or drive is damaged.

voodooking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2012
For some reason the computer was told by some some software to rotate the screen. It can happen by mistake at times. To reset it should be easy. This is what I would suggest.

Right click the main screen. Find your monitor settings. Look for rotation and fix it there. You will have to rotate it back or reset to default. That should work.

cvlong821

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

On Windows 7, it says graphics options instead of monitor settings.

Typically, to fix this type of error, you would use ctrl+alt+up arrow key to flip the screen right side up.
(incidentally...
ctrl+alt+right arrow = flip to the right
ctrl+alt+left arrow = flip to the left
ctrl+alt+down arrow = flip upside down)

If that doesn't work, or if your keyboard shortcuts have been disabled, right click on the desktop background, click on Graphics Options, then Rotation, then Rotate to Normal.

Also, if you have Intel Graphics installed on you computer, the software might have reset the default rotation setting. To fix this, right click on the desktop, then click on Graphics Properties. This should bring up the Intel Graphics window. Choose Advanced Mode, and click OK. Find the rotation settings (right side, 2nd from bottom), and choose Rotate to Normal.

Hope this helps!

Solution

nyhunter

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

This was PERFECT, thanks!

cvlong821

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.