keyboard amp recommendations?

Last response: in Home Audio
July 5, 2005 6:18:01 AM

does anyone have recommendations for a live rig?. I'm looking for
something good sounding and lightweight, preferably in a powered
speaker or combo amp configuration. Most of my keyboard work is jazz
or theater, I'm not moving huge amounts of low end. An engineer friend
recommended JBL EONs.

Please send a copy to my email directly, thanks in advance, Louis
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:43:15 PM

There has been Lots of discussion about this on the B3 clone yahoo
group (Clonewheel ) . I use a JBL G2 EON15 and am very satified. Its'
not real light ~ 45lbs has bi-amp 400W, a mini mixer, Eq and is Bullit
proof & rugid! Lots of others seem to like it too. Some other options
are Barbetta Fender Peavey & Yorkville.

Kevin Tracy
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 10:10:30 PM

JBL G2 EON15 I would say it's not real heavy, it's only 42lbs. Have you
ever picked another amp?

"KGT" <kgtracy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There has been Lots of discussion about this on the B3 clone yahoo
> group (Clonewheel ) . I use a JBL G2 EON15 and am very satified. Its'
> not real light ~ 45lbs has bi-amp 400W, a mini mixer, Eq and is Bullit
> proof & rugid! Lots of others seem to like it too. Some other options
> are Barbetta Fender Peavey & Yorkville.
>
> Kevin Tracy

July 8, 2005 10:30:18 PM

Jach Mehoff wrote:
> JBL G2 EON15 I would say it's not real heavy, it's only 42lbs. Have you
> ever picked another amp?

He oughta try a Fender Twin with JBL D120's in it. It'll put your
grapes on the deck in a heartbeat.

Wayne
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:10:07 AM

As a materOfact I've humped (For my guitaist) a twin just like that
with the tremelo channel hot rodded like a Marshall! Ive also loaded a
She Veys Tons (SVT) and I'm aware what old Iron weighs. In the range of
modern amps requested I still think the EONG2 is bulky if not heavy.
I'm no young buck and that G2 is an pain in the arm at 2 am on a long
loadout . I guess one mans lightweight is anothermans anchor!

Kevin T
!