Sign in with
Your question

problem with 8801 Nokia

Last response: in Brands
October 27, 2006 5:52:57 PM

Hy guys,

I have a problem with my brand new Nokia 8801 phone. Usually when you use the phone there is a default sound (like a beep and you can change it in the configs). This sound has become very weird in the last 2 days or so. I called Nokia for help and they are a bunch of bureaucrats so they probably can't help me. I wonder : #1 someone else encountered that problem ?
#2 can someone provide me the firmware of the phone and instructions on how to re-upload my phone firmware ? Cause I guess that's gonna fix the problem.

Ah by the way did you guys know that in case I buy a phone in the US and I live in Canada, they can't repair it up here ? I have to SEND AT MY CHARGES TO A FRIEND IN THE US AND HE SENDS IT TO NOKIA USA! INCREDIBLE!

In an new Internet era, where we can travel in 24 hours from NY to Pekin and back, they can't repair a phone witch I bought over the Internet in another country cause I didn't buy it in that country!

MAN! Totally frustrating!

More about : problem 8801 nokia

November 20, 2006 5:08:23 PM

I don't know what could be going on. Did you load any sounds to your phone that might have had a duplicate file name?

Also, be sure to call the support number listed in your 8801 manual for Nokia. I got a replacement 8801 early this year when mine began dropping calls. They send me a new one fist, THEN I sent mine back in. So, I was never without my phone for a day. (I did provide a credit card# in case I decided to keep both phones)

I am not in Canada, so I'm not sure how that complicates this deal - but in general, the 8801 support line is what you want. Make sure and tell them that you were told that you are entitled to have them ship a replacement first.

-Yo
!