sabertooth

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003
Hi,

I just got the GA-8knxp and the Corsair CMX512-3700pt. When I install the memory, the system does not come up. When I use other memory, it comes up fine (266 ddr). Any ideas? Please help.

Saber

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
What happens when the system doens't come up, any beeps? Can you access the BIOS? Do you see something on the screen?

Coppermine, Banias, Opteron, Prescott, Barton... How 'bout investing less in the CPU and more in its name?

sabertooth

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003
The system does not beep. It just does not boot. I get no video, nothing. But when I put another memory, it boots fine. Is there any bios settings I need to do before installing the memory?

Thanks in advance
saber

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've heard some Gigabyte boards had a BIOS problem with some Corsair memory, and that a BIOS update would solve it. This would be a recent update, so check to see if the latest BIOS for your board is less than around a month old.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>