help with Reason 2.5

Last response: in Home Audio
July 6, 2005 6:17:23 AM

I've installed Reason 2.5 on my computer... now its working alright but
when i hit play, it moves lights and stuff but i hear no sound ?? why
?? i mess around with buttons and everything but nothing would make
sound ?? can anyone help me please ??? i bought it for $425 today...
and i hope its not garbage

looking forward

-sohaib

More about : reason

July 6, 2005 6:34:36 AM

I've used Reason2.5 for a couple of years, and it's really great
software.

A few thoughts . . . do you hear a sound when you play an audio file
(such as a wav file) from software other than Reason? If not, then you
need to look into your computer's audio setup (if Windows, see the
audio mixer, and audio settings in control pannel), as well as basic
things like making sure your headphones or speakers are connected and
working etc.

If all other audio software works OK, but Reason doesn't then look into
the audio settings of Reason . . . there are various options you can
change until it works. Reason is typically reliable and easy to get
working, and is great software, but you might have to play with a few
options at first to get it working.

If you don't have any success yet, post again with more specific
details of what works and what doesn't and I'm sure someone will help
you until you get success . . . don't worry, the problem is NOT Reason
:)  Another idea . . . if you have other audio software running at the
same time, Reason might be trying to send sound via the other software
(rewire). So try closing all other software, then opening Reason on its
own, and see if that works.

Chris
( http://www.chris-melchior.com/strings.htm REAL strings for realistic
prices )
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 7:41:12 PM

Yes, it works now...

Thank you soo much Chris
I love you man...

one more thing though ? can i play any kind of midi file in it and edit
it ??

thanks

much love

-soahibg
July 7, 2005 7:02:58 AM

Glad you got it working.

yes, you can import any standard MIDI file (the fuction is in the File
menu). Then you just assign instruments to the MIDI tracks. It is very
easy to get MIDI's from the net, and in a few mintes, have the sounds
assigned in Reason . . . I've done this many times, doing dance remixes
of well-known rock songs for example. You can edit MIDI within Reason,
although the facilities for editing are simpler than something like
Logic or Cubase. Still, in Reason you can quantise, and move notes
around, change volumes and other parameters etc. So you can do a LOT :)

Chris
!