Is the US government araid of the American people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Maher mad a comment before:

"I think a lot of Americans are stupid, just plain stupid. Reason, none."

Conservatives got after him, but think about it, a lot of us are S-T-U-P-I-D.

"Not yet."

Sadly, BluntObjection is mostly correct; most of us are too lazy or too unplugged to take responsibility for what goes on around us. There are actually quite a few people who think it is the job of Government to take care of any problem they may face (e.g. the feral colonies living in New Orleans). This is a consequence of the Welfare State, and is only the beginning.

The ignorant masses have discovered they can vote themselves "bread and circuses" at the forced expense of others, and it is doing to the U.S. what it did to the Roman Empire.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I think calling us stupid is a bit harsh. Certianly we don't account among the most of the learned countries in the world, but I believe we've gained a certian amount of "street smart" from attempts of screwing our fellow U.S. citizens over.

I mean to say, we know how to get want we want for ourselves, but not much can be said about knowing how to get what our country needs.

Janet Napolitano certainly seems to be afraid of some of us, particularly military or former miltitary personnel of conservative political leanings:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/16/napolitano-apologizes-offending-veterans-dhs-eyes-rightwing-extremism/

It was a weasel-worded apology that if delivered to me personally, I would not have accepted.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
^ I already get nervous in big crowds such as in airports. Last thing I need is to politely hold in a sneeze in while going through the metal detector with above mentioned FBI teams lurking around.

"He's gotta bomb!"

I sneeze in the face of the first agent

"He's using biological weaponry!"

I get taken down.

I think your country is doing a lot better than you think.

You could impose high import tariffs for cars and selected manufacturing made overseas to reinvogorate your local fab / man base.

Currently it is dead and you buy everything from the Chinese.

All your money is going to China and your workers are starving.

That is one thing I would do straight away.

Just to sum it up...

I said it succinctly gamer ... you dribbled around the edges and got the ball in by rebound.

The crowd probably loved your effort more than my modest pop through the hoop.

This basketball analogy brought to you by Acme Ballz ... Acme ... dealing with the feral coyote problem on a daily basis ... and profiting from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.