Cheapest rate plans/corporate/employee discount rates?

wickedfun

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Hello,

I am about to switch from Sprint to Cingular and was wondering if anyone knew what the discount codes or Foundation Account Numbers (FAN) that would allow the biggest discounts.

Recently, I found out that Sprint has a huge discount with some employee or friend of employee pricing(search treocentral dot com) but I want to get the new 8525 and switch to Cingular.

FANs are codes given to corporations so their employees can call in to get a discount.

Does anyone know of the discount codes or a website that lists them. Also, is there a website that lists discount codes in general?

thanks

dthomason119

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I just purchased the 8525 through my employee discount and the phone was only 1/4 of what it's listed at. I don't know of any discount codes from Cingular. I just showed my employee badge and they gave me my discount and that discount remains on file, so if I want a new phone or accessories I get a really, really good discount, plus a percentage on my bill as well. Good luck on trying to find those codes!

wickedfun

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Just to keep others posted.....I found out the Cingular literally has myriad of rates for different corporations. My discount(major company) is 18% on services and about $50 off the 8525 with purchase of unlimited data plan and voice over 39.99.

Does anyone get a bigger discount? Curious as to how deep the discounts can get.

wickedfun

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Hello,

Do you mind posting what the list price and your purchase price of the 8525 was? Also, what % discount do you get on services. I posted the info that I found out with regards to my company.

Z3man

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
Hello,

I work for cingular (at&t) and i have the lowdown on FANs!

They are, indeed, foundation account numbers, and they do provide significant discounts to employees of major companies who have many many accounts with us. The thing is, however, that joe blow consumer cannot get onto a FAN. The only person who can add a new account under a FAN is a telecom manager at the corporation in question. (as i'm sure you found out).

The discounts vary a wholllleeee lot. Our government employees get the steepest discounts, generally. I'm not at liberty to say exactly how much, but i will say that i processed an order for 300 blackberries and it was under $2500.

It really varies quite a bit. employees get a SWEET deal on phones. We have 40% off retail, with free service. our rate plan is 1000 minutes/month, unlimited M2M, N&W (7pm), 200 texts (doesn't last long, but 50% off additional texts (unlimited = $10/month). Our data plans are also 50% off, but nothing included automatically.

No, we don't get discounts on the Iphone:(

haril

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Hey Budd....

How's it going? Can you get me a great cingular plan? I am planning on getting the iphone at a discount, but I will be a new Cinuglar customer. Currently I have a great Sprint plan...2yr free blackberry service and 1400 minutes for $69.99 which I know is imposssible, but I am ready to move on from the blackberry.

I'd love to get some help from you. I can help you out with $$$, gsm phones, anything you want I'd be willing to help.

I run a site. www.amazonsales.ecrater.com

www.myrazrs.com

Thanks!
Haril@mlusa.us

frebirdmg

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
i know the post z3man is from 2007 but his info is not accurate on employee rate plans there are 2 options available to employee's a 1000 min and 500 min plan they both come with 500mb internet 200 txt 200 mms they are not free you pay taxes on them and as far as any other features ie. mobile to mobile nights and weekends my wife and i both work for mobility and have had the ERP since 2001 we pay extra 9.99 per month each line for unlimited M2M so when its all said and done we do get a good deal for the most part our bill is roughly 50.00 a month for the 2 plans