Car PC Installation Step-By-Step Tutorials and Parts List?

NTENUF

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
I am wanting to build my own car PC entertainment system but I don't have a lot of electrical knowledge when it comes to AC/DC conversions, car eletronic to pc electronic power converters, power supply selection for the pc.

With that said, my reason for the reply is this, I realize I am going to have to learn a lot about electronics and setups but my time is limited since I have two small children I give most my free time to.

Finally, I am looking for some help. Do you know of anywhere on the internet or do you yourself have something that gives a good tutorial on start-to-finish car pc installation instructions for people who know what they want but not necessarily know all that is needed to get the system I desire? Tutorials or parts list. Anything I can use to help build the system I would like to have. I have around 300GB of mp3s I would like to make available when cruising to work or around town and I would like to play DVDs for my boys when they are with me. Basically, I would like to hook up the existing speaker system to a pc through an amplifier to sound card, USB everything else
  • - 300GB USB media hard drive
  • - 8GB USB flash hard drive with operating system on it
  • -LCD touchscreen for selecting what I want from the captain's chair
  • - USB 10" display for hanging in the back for my boys

Your help is greatly appreciated!

wormy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I am about to attempt the same project in the coming months...going to try to install 1 in an 06 Mustang GT...I have spent probably 12+ hours searching the internet for products and information....and this was the most helpful site I could find...mainly because of the diagram

javascript:eek:l('http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1858826,00.asp');