product id

Can anyone help me? I am totally frustated with Microsoft
right now. I bought Age of Mythology some time ago and
had it installed on my computer. The computer was
infected with a very nasty virus that totally messed up
my hard drive and I had to have it reformatted and I am
now trying to reinstall my programs, including Age of
Mythology. When I try to install it asks for my product
id. I have both original disks, I have the box it came
in, the wall chart, and a small 30 page manual. Nowhere
is there a product id. I cannot contact Microsoft
directly because I need the product id. Their support
site tells me to start the program and find it from
there. Can someone please tell me how to contact
Microsoft so I can get past their *%$#*& catch 22 so I
can install the game again.
4 answers Last reply
More about product

    Hi RAP,

    The Product ID is NOT the same as the CD key which is
    printed on a bright sticker stuck to the CD case/envelope.

    Run the setup program off the CD itself on yours or any other
    computer and you will see your product ID. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "RAP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:343b01c4af38$23e84330$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Can anyone help me? I am totally frustated with Microsoft
    > right now. I bought Age of Mythology some time ago and
    > had it installed on my computer. The computer was
    > infected with a very nasty virus that totally messed up
    > my hard drive and I had to have it reformatted and I am
    > now trying to reinstall my programs, including Age of
    > Mythology. When I try to install it asks for my product
    > id. I have both original disks, I have the box it came
    > in, the wall chart, and a small 30 page manual. Nowhere
    > is there a product id. I cannot contact Microsoft
    > directly because I need the product id. Their support
    > site tells me to start the program and find it from
    > there. Can someone please tell me how to contact
    > Microsoft so I can get past their *%$#*& catch 22 so I
    > can install the game again.

    Thanks for the good try Jimmy S. but there is nowhere on
    the two pages of the setup screens that give me the
    Product ID. They basicly let me check "Express Install"
    or "Install" and with either choice I am taken to the
    same screen that asks for the product key. I have looked
    for the original cd but have been unable to find it. I
    had this installed on a laptop along with several other
    games and to avoid having to carry so much "stuff" I had
    put the cds in a multiple cd case. I will continue
    looking but I am certainly frustrated with Microsoft
    right now. I have always observed their copywrite
    agreements and have copied cd to give to friends but if I
    ever find my product key it will be very tempting to make
    multiple copies with the key on the labels and distribute
    them to anyone that wants one. That is how frustrated I
    am with Microsoft right now. :-(

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    >Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    >MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >"RAP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:343b01c4af38$23e84330$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >> Can anyone help me? I am totally frustated with
    Microsoft
    >> right now. I bought Age of Mythology some time ago and
    >> had it installed on my computer. The computer was
    >> infected with a very nasty virus that totally messed up
    >> my hard drive and I had to have it reformatted and I am
    >> now trying to reinstall my programs, including Age of
    >> Mythology. When I try to install it asks for my product
    >> id. I have both original disks, I have the box it came
    >> in, the wall chart, and a small 30 page manual. Nowhere
    >> is there a product id. I cannot contact Microsoft
    >> directly because I need the product id. Their support
    >> site tells me to start the program and find it from
    >> there. Can someone please tell me how to contact
    >> Microsoft so I can get past their *%$#*& catch 22 so I
    >> can install the game again.
    >

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    For future reference, the CD keys are oftentimes located on the original CD
    case. If you've put everything into one central binder, you'll need to make
    sure you do have your CD keys, with it--they're required for MANY products
    made by MANY manufacturers. You could be lookingat a bigger problem than
    Age of Mythology is such is the case.

    Steve

    > Thanks for the good try Jimmy S. but there is nowhere on
    > the two pages of the setup screens that give me the
    > Product ID. They basicly let me check "Express Install"
    > or "Install" and with either choice I am taken to the
    > same screen that asks for the product key. I have looked
    > for the original cd but have been unable to find it. I
    > had this installed on a laptop along with several other
    > games and to avoid having to carry so much "stuff" I had
    > put the cds in a multiple cd case. I will continue
    > looking but I am certainly frustrated with Microsoft
    > right now. I have always observed their copywrite
    > agreements and have copied cd to give to friends but if I
    > ever find my product key it will be very tempting to make
    > multiple copies with the key on the labels and distribute
    > them to anyone that wants one. That is how frustrated I
    > am with Microsoft right now. :-(

  4. I bought the game two years ago,and I got a new computer[hp w1907]now I also worried about how it looks because I have
    vista.But couldn't get the product id from any one i know,(if any of your friends have the game and the product key ask them
    for it first) ;) .but if any one has it please emial it to lightsabersam@aol.com.

    and yes my emial adress is stupid

Computers Microsoft Video Games