how remove guitar picking sound from Amp recording ??

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
July 8, 2005 1:42:32 PM

Hi I am holding a microphone about 18" away from my 4x12 speaker
cabinet and recording my electric guitar. On the recordings I hear
myself picking in the background..any ideas how to avoid having this
sound being picked up ? I cant turn it up louder since its already
picking up the sound fine, anymore might ruin the recording - should I
move the mike to be 6" from the speaker to drown out my picking ?? How
do folks get around this ??

Thanks!

Ben
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:33:19 PM

Jack wrote:
> Hi I am holding a microphone about 18" away from my 4x12 speaker
> cabinet and recording my electric guitar. On the recordings I hear
> myself picking in the background..any ideas how to avoid having this
> sound being picked up ? I cant turn it up louder since its already
> picking up the sound fine, anymore might ruin the recording - should I
> move the mike to be 6" from the speaker to drown out my picking ?? How
> do folks get around this ??
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ben

1) Stand further away from the "recording area"
2) Put the amp/mic setup in another room
3) Face away from the cabinet/mic setup
4) Use a gobo (sound buffer wall) between you and the amp/mic setup

Hope this helps.

--fletch
!