Blue screen - System

Hi all.

Today i expierienced something very new.
As i was closing my counterstrike(after 1-2 hours play) - i got a BSOD.

iam sorry about this But i only managed to get this:

System_service_exception

**Stop**:0x0000003b.

What is this caused by? And please, can someone guide me how to find the log folder? I can't find this.
Sorry iam not that good with Windows 7.

Hope you can help.
EMil.
5 answers Last reply
More about blue screen system
  1. sounds like a ram problem... download, burn and run memtest
  2. Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
    Parameter Description
    1 The exception that caused the bug check
    2 The address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bug check
    3 The address of the context record for the exception that caused the bug check
    4 0

Cause

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

--------------------------------

Update your video drivers and try running and closing counter-strike again. If it still blue screens on you, do as anonymous1 suggested and run Memtest86 on your system.
  3. I encountered the same problem as well,hope to get some solutions here
  4. Blue screens are nearly always caused by memory problems or driver problems (particularly video driver problems). Eliminate memory problems by running a memory test program for a day or so and then you are left with driver problems. Sometimes it is better not to use the latest version of a video driver but to get an older one that may not have this problem.
  5. pjmelect said:
    Blue screens are nearly always caused by memory problems or driver problems (particularly video driver problems). Eliminate memory problems by running a memory test program for a day or so and then you are left with driver problems. Sometimes it is better not to use the latest version of a video driver but to get an older one that may not have this problem.

FYI - Rule of thumb is to update first so you're completely current, then try one version back if you're still having the problem. A second version back 99.9% of the time means the driver is not at fault.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Blue Screen