Sign in with
Your question

Blue screen - System

Last response: in Windows 7
March 2, 2010 8:09:02 PM

Hi all.

Today i expierienced something very new.
As i was closing my counterstrike(after 1-2 hours play) - i got a BSOD.

iam sorry about this But i only managed to get this:

System_service_exception

**Stop**:0x0000003b.

What is this caused by? And please, can someone guide me how to find the log folder? I can't find this.
Sorry iam not that good with Windows 7.

Hope you can help.
EMil.

More about : blue screen system

a b $ Windows 7
March 2, 2010 8:58:26 PM

sounds like a ram problem... download, burn and run memtest
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
March 2, 2010 11:04:30 PM

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
Parameter Description
1 The exception that caused the bug check
2 The address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bug check
3 The address of the context record for the exception that caused the bug check
4 0

Cause

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

--------------------------------

Update your video drivers and try running and closing counter-strike again. If it still blue screens on you, do as anonymous1 suggested and run Memtest86 on your system.
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2010 1:12:31 AM

I encountered the same problem as well,hope to get some solutions here
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 1:29:54 AM

Blue screens are nearly always caused by memory problems or driver problems (particularly video driver problems). Eliminate memory problems by running a memory test program for a day or so and then you are left with driver problems. Sometimes it is better not to use the latest version of a video driver but to get an older one that may not have this problem.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 2:16:09 AM

pjmelect said:
Blue screens are nearly always caused by memory problems or driver problems (particularly video driver problems). Eliminate memory problems by running a memory test program for a day or so and then you are left with driver problems. Sometimes it is better not to use the latest version of a video driver but to get an older one that may not have this problem.

FYI - Rule of thumb is to update first so you're completely current, then try one version back if you're still having the problem. A second version back 99.9% of the time means the driver is not at fault.
m
l
!