MN 520 Wireless Card

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

I'm using my wireless card for my school and home
network. It works fine on both networks from boot up.
However, when I'm at home and go into hibernation and go
to school and wake the computer the card isn't recognized
and requires a reboot. This happens in the reverse as
well, if I go into hibernation at school then wake the
computer at home the card isn't recognized. Has anyone
experienced this. If so, can you assist please. Thanks.

"Jerome" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using my wireless card for my school and home
> network. It works fine on both networks from boot up.
> However, when I'm at home and go into hibernation and go
> to school and wake the computer the card isn't recognized
> and requires a reboot. This happens in the reverse as
> well, if I go into hibernation at school then wake the
> computer at home the card isn't recognized. Has anyone
> experienced this. If so, can you assist please. Thanks.

Well, how would you feel if you went to sleep at home and magically woke up
at school.

My experience has been that Windows has little ability to recover from a
changed environment before and after hibernation.
Even in one place, my desktop gets confused about what peripherials have
been switched on or off during hibernation- to the point that I don't use
hibernation at home any more since it always requires a reboot anyhow. This
actually may be a problem with device drivers and not Windows.

I haven't actually observed the behavior that you have but I'm not
surprised. I'll watch for it myself.

Dick Kistler

HaH!!! LoL. I'd need a re-boot - and a latte'! Great
answer....

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

I kept hacking around with the settings and found a fix
that appears to work. On the Advanced settings of the
Wireless Network Connection Properties I checked the
Automatically connect to non-preferred networks check
box. I am now able to hibernate at home and wake the
computer at school and the card is recognized. After a
couple of tests everything appears fine.