MN-710 Problem Getting Full Speed on 802.11g

I've been using 802.11b technology for the last year. I
just bought and installed the MN-710 USB2.0 on my
desktop. I'm using a linksys 802.11 G on my laptop. I
had no problem establishing the network, but it is only
running at 11 Mbps. The linksys adapter driver has
option allowing the user to set speed, but I haven't
found anything similar for the MN-710 and I'm only
getting 11 Mbps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about problem full speed

    Dave, You need to have a 802.11 G router to connect up
    to 54 Mbps. an 802.11 G adapter alone will not increase
    your speed on a 802.11 B router
    Ed

    Which version of USB is you computer running? USB 1.1 only supports up
    to 11 Mbps.

    Dave Elli wrote:

    > I've been using 802.11b technology for the last year. I
    > just bought and installed the MN-710 USB2.0 on my
    > desktop. I'm using a linksys 802.11 G on my laptop. I
    > had no problem establishing the network, but it is only
    > running at 11 Mbps. The linksys adapter driver has
    > option allowing the user to set speed, but I haven't
    > found anything similar for the MN-710 and I'm only
    > getting 11 Mbps.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave