Recording Roland Electronic Drums

Last response: in Home Audio
July 12, 2005 3:02:13 PM

I am going to be recording a set of V-Drums, with outputs from a TD10.
I'm told that the ouputs are line level, but I suspect that they may be
intrument type outputs, ready to be plugged into an amo or PA. Has
anyone here recorded these guys? Will I need to have a bunch of direct
boxes for the 8 outputs?

Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:12:45 PM

I've done some recording with a lesser model, a TD7 I think? And yes,
a preamp was required to get decent sounding levels.

DaveT
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 7:19:48 PM

<<Will I need to have a bunch of direct
boxes for the 8 outputs? >>

No, just plug the line levels into your line inputs, it'll be fine.
July 12, 2005 8:43:47 PM

"Haolemon" <gary_flanigan@ce9.uscourts.gov> wrote in message
> I am going to be recording a set of V-Drums, with outputs
from
> a TD10.

You can download the owner's manual for free from:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pdf_manuals/product_ma...

> I'm told that the ouputs are line level, but I suspect
> that they may be intrument type outputs, ready to be
plugged
> into an amo or PA.

IME they are truly line level. You could plug them into the
inputs of a basic power amp and get tunes.

> Has anyone here recorded these guys?

Yes.

>Will I need to have a bunch of direct boxes for the 8
outputs?

Only if you want to plug the output from each percussion
voice into a separate mic input.

The TD10 has main outputs for mono or stereo signal, and it
has its own mixer for controlling the mix going out the main
outs.
June 9, 2009 4:38:20 PM

I OWN A SET OF VDRUMS WITH THE TD10 MODULE. YOU CAN RECORD USING 8 SEPERATE OUT PUTS. YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE BRAIN AND ADJUST THE OUTPUTS SO THAT EACH DRUM AND CYMBAL HAS A SEPERATE OUTPUT BY PANNING. FOR EXAMPLE KICK IS LEFT AND SNARE IS RIGHT CHANNEL
TOM 1 AND TOM 2 ARE LEFT AND RIGHT OUTPUT TOM 3 AND TOM 4 ARE LEFT AND RIGHT OUTPUTS. CRASH 1 AND 2 AND LEFT AND RIGHT OUTPUTS. HIH HAT AND RIDE ARE LEFT AND RIGHT OUTPUTS. THEN YOU SELECT THE OUTPUT FOREXAMPLE KICK AND SNARE CAN BE OUTPUT 1 AND TWO,LEFT AND RIGHT. TOMS 1 AND TWO CAN BE OUTPUT 2 LEFT AND RIGHT. OUTPUT 3 CAN BE TOM 3 AND FOUR LEFT AND RIGHT. YOUR CYMBALS CAN GO INTO YOUR MAIN OUTS AS HI AND RIDE LEFT MAIN OUT AND YOUR CRASH 1 AND 2 CAN BE YOUR HI HAT AND RIDE CAN BE MAIN OUT RIGHT CHANNEL JUST REMEMBER TO PAN EACH DRUM AS LEFT AND RIGHT. EVERYTHING WILL BE MONO OUTS. IM USE TWO PRESONOUS FIREPODS. ONE POD FOR THE VDRUMS WHICH IS 8 CHANNELS AND MY SECOND FIREPOD IS FOR MY BASS GUITAR, 6 STRING GUITAR, KEYBOARDS, AND VOCALS.

JOHN
heavensgate1158@yahoo.com
!