Dolby Digital Light in Creative DTT2500 Digital

rsia1

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
Hi all,

The DOLBY DIGITAL light in the decoder never get illuminated even when I play DVD movie which have Dolby Digital sound on it.

My multimedia specification are
Windows XP
Pioneer DVD-ROM 106
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
Creative DTT2500 Digital
WinDVD 5.0 Platinum / PowerDVD 5.0

I connect all the outputs from the sound card to the decoder, SPDIF output to both AC3 and Digital DIN connector using Y cable supplied by the speaker. I also connect L and R cable from sound card to decoder(Black and Green cables). I also connect the digital output from DVD-ROM to the sound card.

In the Creative Surround Mixer, I thicked DIGITAL OUTPUT ONLY and in Speaker Environment in PowerDVD I chose Use SPDIF

Do anyone have suggestions about this problem?

Thank you

osprey

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2003
My guess is that you have software AC-3 decoding enabled. On Creative's "Surround Sound Mixer," click on the Speakers tab and then on the Settings button. Deselect "AC-3 Decode" if it's checked. Since your DTT2500 has an AC-3 decoder built-in, you'll want to use that, instead. With the software AC-3 option enabled, the signal sent to your DTT2500 is analog (it's already been decoded) and, thus, doesn't even go through SPDIF. That's probably why your Dolby Digital light isn't lit.