Which of these laptops should i buy? Processor or GFX based?

What lappy should i get? (see below)

• Option A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option B

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Option C

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

spengo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
Right here is the situation - i need a laptop for my college work and i have narrowed it down to these three. After Xmass i will have enough money for a seperate XP Pro OS so that i can connect to the wireless at college. I have chosen these as i can go and get them tomorrow from the stores. I know i could by XP pro with the laptop but the range is crappy and the specs arent nearly as good.

Each one has good and bad points so this is why i am asking... I will be using it for some office work and maybe some games (any that will play) and since there are a lot of plugs at my college batt life isnt THAT important - as long as it can last about 2 hours when doing office it doesnt matter. So here they are:

Option A -X2 turion 1.6GHz 120GB HDD 1GB RAM This has ATI X1100 graphics and has a 120GB HDD for all that data. Its the cheapest one and it will take me less time to save for a new XP Pro - Downside is that its the lowest spec.

Option B -X2 turion 2.0GHz Geforce 6100 graphics This ones highlights are the fact that it has a 17" monitor for any work i need to do so i can clearly see it and it has a faster processor. Downside is that it will be a bit heavier than the 15.4" ones...

Option C -X2 Turion 1.6GHz processor ATI X1300 graphics This one has better graphics than the last ones and so would play games smoother, but it has a slower processor. 8O

So what do ya think? Any help will be much apreciated! :D

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
even with the slower CPU, and better graphics, the graphics would still be the weakpoint. CPUs can be generaly upgraded, but not graphics

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I'd go after looking at all of them with option B I myself have basically the option A config except with an 1150 graphics card and 2GB of ram it will play lots of great games UT2K4 jacked to max ET Quake Wars at medium FEAR at medium etc light and gets about 3 hours out of a battery however a 14.1 screen isn't for everybody